New Baby knife report

Hey guys! Just got back from the hospital, where my first baby was just born! My relative absence from the forums for the past few days and next couple weeks is due to the current experiment in sleep deprivation I'm going through.

Anyway, I thought I'd give you guys the report. I know you guys don't care about birth weight and the like, so here's the interesting stuff:

- I cut the cord, but the adrenaline was too high for me to tell what it really felt like. The doctor gave me a pair of scissors to do it with. Watch out, it spurts!

Good luck totem: Spyderco Calypso Jr. clipped to waistband.

Other knives: GT mini-auto in watch pocket, BM Axis clipped to my hospital bag.

Joe

CONGRATS JOE!

START DUPLICATING YOUR KNIVES NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!
smile.gif

Mark
AKTI Member #A000003

All the best to you and yours! My wife is halfway through her first pregnancy, so around Nov. I'll be going through the same experience. Looking forward to it (gulp). What were you doing without your Axis? Oh, it was in the bag, eh?

------------------
Professor

Ever notice no other candy tastes quite like Pez? Oh yeah, and the BM Axis rules.

[This message has been edited by Professor (edited 12 July 1999).]

Congratulations Joe. First time daddy is a big deal!
smile.gif

You got the sharp stuff right - now tell us if it's a boy or girl and how mom and baby are doing. We do want to know!
smile.gif

BladeForums is becoming baby central these days - cool!

Joe, get used to the sleep deprivation - the really bad part is usually over in a few weeks to a few months, but daddys always worry about their children (and mommys too) - so you never really sleep the same after the first one comes.

God bless.

Congrats Joe. Wait a minute...you didn't cut the cord with a knife??? You could have givin' that knife to him when he's old enough. hehehe...J/K...do you think a serrated blade would have done a better job than a plain edged one...hahah...J/K again. -AR

------------------
- AKTI Member ID# A000322

- Intelligent men, unfortunately, learn from fools, more often than fools learn from intelligent men.

Congrats Joe!
Get used to putting those knives somewhere where "little hands" can't get them!

Congradulations!

Seems that forumites are reproducing at a prodigous rate. That whole thing about wanting a big knife to make up for, inadequecies, must be false.
wink.gif

Geez. Instead of knife-naming threads we should have baby-naming threads. Jar-Jar B1FF Talmadge? C'mon, it's got a certain je ne sais quoi
wink.gif

Congratulations, Joe.

Congrats, Joe! I just happen to have a cigar handy, so I'll fire it up in your honor!

CONGRATULATIONS Daddy!!! I can't believe you didn't cut the cord with at least a HALO.
smile.gif

Joe,

May the gift of a child bring you all the happiness and satisfaction it can.

And may you have the wisdom and patience to be to your child everything you can dream.

MDP

Congrats Joe, There's nothing like the feeling. I second the cigars...
smile.gif

My second little one is due around Jan 5, 2000, real close to the New Year.
--prigger

Joe,

Congratulations!
smile.gif

The new addition will change your life in more ways than you know- all good!

By the way, when you are burping the child, it is not one of your "spine whack" tests-take it easy--
wink.gif

Daniel

Joe, Congratulations for the Talmadge Cub!
smile.gif

Oh, one thing. I don't think a new-born baby likes to wear kydex. Don't even think about upside-down or inside-the-pant carry.
smile.gif

Cheers,
Dew.

I'm lighting a cigar, too.... I recommend either an over-the shoulder claymore-type rig or one of those Bladerigger sheaths that hangs it in front, like on your suspenders. Upside-down carry is probably not the best option....

Cutting the cord with a knife and putting it away to give the kid when he or she is old enough is a great idea! Let's make that a Bladeforums custom from this day forward.

-Cougar Allen :{)

P.S. Who needs sleep??? Sleep is for wimps! Sleep is for people who've run out of coffee! Sleep is for people who HAVE NO MODEMS^H^H^H^H^H^H BABIES!!!

-Cougar :{)

Back