New Barong pattern

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Finally got this one out of my head and on to steel :) 17 1/4in overall with an 11 1/8in blade. I used 1/4in 5160 for the blade and black G10 for the scales. This one has my rougher Reality Check finish :) I flat ground the bevels with some taper toward the point to balance it out a bit. This one weighs in at 22oz.
View attachment 1185880

That looks great - I really like the leaf shape/spear point style.

Handle looks versatile, too - choke forward for wrist chops and choke back for some secure power and leverage.

I'd buy one.

Nice work Bill.

I like its clean lines and the handle looks incredibly ergonomic. Well done! :thumbsup:

Looks defective

Send it to me for long term disposal

Ok OK
IT LOOKS GREAT

send it anyway on account

On account IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

Very, very nice...when you get around to mine, I’d like it in that .200” (or whatever the slightly thinner stock is). In my opinion, the most generally useful large blade design there is, and this looks like the best modern take on it I’ve seen. :)

BEAUTIFUL! I agree on slightly thinner stock if possible. I have a handful of Philippine Barongs I picked up over there and love them for general purpose work. Great "camp" knife that also can prep fire and food equally. I have always wanted a good one with a full tang.

Bill

I absolutely LOVE barongs, and I think it's a very under-appreciated design. This one is awesome and I would love to own one someday! GREAT WORK!

Back