New Benchmade Fixed Blade

Has anyone seen the sheath that the new Benchamade Nimravus Cub (BM145) comes with?
Is is similar to the larger Nimravus? Does it have a clip that allows inside the waistband carry?

I actually just made an aftermarket Kydex sheath for that same knife. Shape came out pretty much identical, but I added a tension screw for variable retention stiffness. The retention on the stock sheath is really light (if you hold the knife upside-down and give it a little jerk the knife comes flying out).
Based on the sheath itself, I could probably put a tension screw on it, and make aftermarket clips for horizontal and IWB carry. The sheath I made has horizontal SOB and crossdraw, IWB, and vertical belt carry options, and it will still work with the original low-ride belt loop. Let me know if you want to discuss some options, and I should have a pic up on my website in a week or so.

------------------
My Custom Kydex Sheath pagehttp://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/knifehome.html
Palmer College of Chiropractic
On Two Wheels

The sheath on my Nimravus Cub is very similar to the one on the large Nimravus, with a metal belt clip and its kydex attachment piece screwed to the sheath edge. The blade is marked "Prototype" and so the sheath also should be a proto, too. It does not hold the knife as thightçy as I would like, though.

Ivan Campos

Murf,

One of my colleagues just got a Cub, and it has the same sort of sheath that the big one has. He did say, however, that his knife was some sort of pre-production batch, or something like that.

I am thinking about getting a Cub; provided the current production models come with that Kydex concealment sheath.

Steve

Back