New benefit for regular HTM Forum contributors: **10% off** on orders direct from HTM

Darrel doesn't post all that frequently on the forum -- if you've seen his typing, er, pecking skills, you know one major reason why (;)) -- but he does check in on a regular basis and really appreciates everyone here who regularly contributes to the forum. In addition to helping make our corner of BladeForums into a nice little community, your suggestions, feedback, and other ideas have a direct impact on the design, options, and features offered by HTM Knives. One of the most obvious examples of this is the forum knife, where everything from the blade steel and hardness to the handle color was chosen with forum input, but it also applies to more subtle changes such as the switch to Maxx Glide bearings on the manual HTM Gunhammer and the offering of stonewashed blade finishes on more models.

Darrel would like to reward those who regularly contribute to the forum by offering a new benefit: a 10% discount on HTM products (i.e., excluding DDR [full custom] knives) ordered directly from HTM.

This is meant to be a relatively exclusive benefit for people who genuinely participate in and contribute to the forum, not just anyone who happens to see this thread or make a few token posts in the forum in hopes of getting the discount. So the way we're going to do this is as follows.

1. In order to get the 10% discount, your order will need to be placed directly with Darrel: there's no discount code or anything like that you can use on the HTM website. You can reach Darrel at dralph@earthlink.net, or via the main HTM number at 740-965-9970.

2. Darrel has appointed me the final arbiter of who qualifies for as a "regular contributor" to the forum. So before contacting Darrel to place the order, you'll need to contact me by PM or email (just click on my username to access the email and PM options) to request to be added to the master list of people who are eligible for the discount. There's no strict post count requirement or anything like that, but as a general rule, if you have less than a total of 10 substantive posts on the DDR/HTM forum as of the time you're PMing/emailing me, you probably won't qualify (yet!). Likewise, if in my judgment it looks like you're just peppering the forum with posts in an effort to bump up your post count, you're likewise not going to make it onto the list -- that's the reason for the "substantive posts" requirement. If you do qualify, I'll need to get a few basic pieces of contact info from you (real name, phone number) to include on the list along with your forum name; having that info will prevent random people from emailing/calling in pretending to be [frequent forum participant X] in an effort to get the discount.

Standard commonsense disclaimers/conditions apply. The discount applies only on HTM products ordered directly from Darrel/HTM; it doesn't apply to HTM products ordered through dealers. As long as you're on the list of eligible individuals, you can use the discount on all your orders from HTM; it's not a one-time-use discount. The discount is only good on orders placed on or after today's date (12/12/12): it doesn't apply retroactively to orders you placed in the past.

Last edited:
Thanks to Darrel for opening this place up and to hark and neuron for helping out. :thumbup:

Sounds good to me:thumbup: I've also noticed some nice improvements to this forum and I do believe HTM is gaining more recognition as of late:thumbup:

I'm one of those people that doesn't really have much to say in this forum.....I don't own a HTM (although I'd love one at one point) but I really enjoy seeing what's happening with Darrell's buisiness and this is the place I check up on it.

Not looking for the discount, just chirping in with the idea that there are more people enjoying the forum than might be manifest....

I'm un-sticking this, but the 10% discount for forum members offer still applies.

Back