New Bento Box Exclusive?

... but once these are gone...

...there will be more runs of PM2 in other more attractive steels (K390, 4V, ...). Nothing wrong with M390 but PM2 in this steel has been run to death. Just look at how slow and low-priced the red M390 PM2's move lately in the secondary market.

Is Sportsman Supply a retailer ? D you have a link?

cheers
Serg
They distributed some of the S35vn PM2’s back in the day.

My post is just a guess though because BBS was the exclusive distributor for the Elmax PM2 and I read an eBay listing that the K390 was from Sportsman Supply.
It can all be BS.

They distributed some of the S35vn PM2’s back in the day.

My post is just a guess though because BBS was the exclusive distributor for the Elmax PM2 and I read an eBay listing that the K390 was from Sportsman Supply.
It can all be BS.

Ok.

well from my little digging, it appears "Sportsman Supply" has commissioned this K390 PM2 and BBS will be the retailer.

I have no info on the Para 3 Elmax, but would definietly be on board

Ok.

well from my little digging, it appears "Sportsman Supply" has commissioned this K390 PM2 and BBS will be the retailer.

I have no info on the Para 3 Elmax, but would definietly be on board

And K390 Para 3.

BBS: Really, something is coming that will break the internet!

Me: Hoo-ray! You finally sold that jigged bone damascus endura!!!

Maybe it’s just a regular PM2 but they let you pay $75 more than anyone else (+$15 shipping)

Their slogan should be ... “bento box shop, we turn a profit on our shipping”

Bento Box...
C229CFP Spyderco Plain Edge CPM-S90V Carbon Fiber Shaman
(This new release is in stock & ready to ship!) SALE*
$429.90
$279.44

and yes, the shipping is NOT free, but $14.99. But I've mailed out at least a hundred folders over the yrs that cost me that or more, using USPS Priority and suitable insurance...

Last edited:
Yeah call me a sucker but I bought a military s90v blue and decided to add a domino because a) it was the best deal on a domino. And b) the shipping for two was bundled over the two.

Bento Box...
C229CFP Spyderco Plain Edge CPM-S90V Carbon Fiber Shaman
(This new release is in stock & ready to ship!) SALE*
$429.90
$279.44

and yes, the shipping is NOT free, but $14.99. But I've mailed out at least a hundred folders over the yrs that cost me that or more, using USPS Priority and suitable insurance...

Thanks. Funny how it shows how people are so price sensitive and/or just opposed to buying at Bento Box. No one else has them left.

I've shipped plenty of knives over the last decade and I cringe every time I go to the Post Office. I never skimp on insurance so maybe that's what kills it for me, and I imagine that's why BBS charges so much for shipping. If I was a dealer, I'd be insuring everything I shipped for full-blown MSRP, and as the charges increase with the value.

I just went to the USPS calculator and checked to see how much it'd be to ship a $400 knife from here in Oregon to my dad in Montana. 3-day flat-rate Priority mail with insurance was $13.70. Priority 2-day was $41.05. I've ordered from BBS a few times before and just accept that the price is the price for knives that can't be had anywhere else.

This thread reminds me of all of the bikes I'd sell on eBay back when I was racing. The buyers would complain to me that the shipping charge ($100) was way too high, when I was not only losing $40-50 per bike on shipping, but also having to pay a local shop $60 to break the bikes down and pack them up, as most shipping companies will stiff you on damages if you don't have a receipt saying a shop "professionally" packed it (read: a 16-year old being paid minimum wage to shove it into a well-used box with some packing foam and bubblewrap).

Just to clarify, the listing regarding Sportsman supply looks like it was incorrect/a typo. Another listing includes a photo of the paperwork which notes that its for BBS.

N7oAWAW.jpg

Funny how it shows how people are so price sensitive and/or just opposed to buying at Bento Box. No one else has them left.

It's fine to have personal pride and decide NOT to buy from BB. However,it's also nice to be able to buy the knife and steel that you wanted earlier and missed out on. In short, I was delighted to find this brand new supply of S90V/CF at Bento Box for an acceptable (to me) price.

Spyderco is now running their brown Crucarta Shaman; St. Nicks still has a 4V floating around somewhere. Both of these are very nice, but I prefer the more stainless S90V.
Sharpening is not an issue; I've had Cruwear before and still carry a fixed in Vanadis 4E SuperClean.

And, for you hard-core guys, BB is close to dropping a new run of Spyderco Plain Edge CPM-CRUWEAR Brown Canvas Micarta Shaman for $320. Not sure what Spyderco is charging.

Is the Bento Box announcement not a Para 2 in Elmax with Foliage Green G10 ? That is what I see on their website showing as not in stock but a link to the FB and IG pictures shown in the first post of this thread?? I've never purchased from there nor really looked at their website before. Maybe I'm looking at an older listing.

Edit: Ok older model released a few years ago but link beside it just goes to the last post on their FG and IG. I was definitely confused. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back