New big blade question

Friends,

I have alwys wanted a dogfather(le or desert). Now it seems i have a choice of a used DF or a new SY911 or a Swampy M9....all somewhat close in price.......rough choice indeed. This will be the everyday bush knife so it will get a beating. Never held the 911 but the grip on the m9 doesnt immidiatly grab me. My big knife now is the BK9 and is pretty good, are these worth the money?Thoughts? recommendations?

I love the feel of the m9 and you can't go wrong with the dogfather.

I'm a little biased, the M9 is a fantastic knife, the LE version is downright beautiful.

The Rodent 9 is a bit more utilitarian but available at a decent price if you look around.

Though,

The Dogfather is classic, S7 steel and nigh indestructible.

No wrong answer in that group. I'd go with the 911 myself if I didn't already have a B10.

911 :thumbup: Closest thing you are going to find to a factory priced Battle Rat or Basic 9. ;)

Hmmmm, 911 huh, got the 711 and it rocks..next time ole hindsight rolls into Dayton, think i will pick one up. Might even keep lookin for a DDF...thank guysd for the advice.

Well spider991 I will def let everyone know the next time I will be down there. I miss all my Southern OH friends.

Back