New BK76!!!

Ordered!

I’ve been wanting something like this for a looooong time! Thank you, Ethan, KA-BAR, and State and Union!

For me, this is the most exciting news in Becker-land since the BK62 came out. Beckerheads have been asking for tweeners in stainless for a while now and KA-BAR delivered in strong fashion. If I had to bet, I would have guessed KA-BAR would have used s35vn. No, they went all in and used magnacut! Outstanding!

Ooh... Beckers in Magnacut :cool:

Can any paste the pic and info in this thread? ... Links to kabar.com wont open for me here

It's longer than the BK16 (0.5" blade, only 0.125" overall).
I'm guessing that State and Union knives stay at Kabar? (meaning they won't be available elsewhere...I nearly soiled myself when I saw the BK9 price on that page)
Interesting that there is no BK&T logo, but they used the BK designation...

Ooh... Beckers in Magnacut :cool:

Can any paste the pic and info in this thread? ... Links to kabar.com wont open for me here
      • Blade Length
      • 4.88 inches
      • Blade Steel
      • Magnacut
      • Blade Thickness
      • 0.165 inches
      • Blade Type
      • Fixed Blade
      • Blade Width
      • 1.25 inches
      • Color
      • Blue Denim/Steel
      • Edge Angle
      • Grind
      • Flat
      • Handle Material
      • Blue Denim Canvas Micarta
      • Knife Manufactured In
      • United States
      • Overall Length
      • 9.25 inches
      • Rockwell Hardness
      • 60-62
      • Shape
      • Drop Point
      • Sheath Manufactured In
      • USA
      • Tang Stamp
      • State & Union/BK76 Magnacut
      • Weight
      • 0.35 lb
      • Designed In
      • USA
    bk76herocarhartt.jpg

FANTASTIC!!!!

I'll no longer have the only stainless Tweener on the planet. *sniff*
The one on the right…
ns4nv63.jpeg

The one on the right…
ns4nv63.jpeg

Oh, fair point! 3rd one then.

If they're branding this under State&Union w/ different micarta, then I think it's going to be pricier than the added materials/production cost on full-production Tweeners. Endorsed regardless.

Oh, fair point! 3rd one then.

If they're branding this under State&Union w/ different micarta, then I think it's going to be pricier than the added materials/production cost on full-production Tweeners. Endorsed regardless.
Leaves me wondering what custom tweener you made. ;-)

Nothing scientific here, just grabbed pics of the 16 and the 76 from KA-BAR’s website and manually slid them next to each other to see if anything would be glaringly different with their silhouette. Nothing sticks out, looks very close…

P9sdkgX.jpeg

Back