new blade shape = new thread. Trident Alpha Gunhammer

New blade profile: trident.
423480_10150561195451765_607411764_9139856_471636847_n.jpg

Refer to reply #7 for details on an HTM version with that blade profile.
Scroll down to reply #10 for a photobooth shot of the knife by our good friend, Coop.

Last edited:
Never owned a DDR or HTM but if that comes in a non-custom format, I just might have to fix that!

My first DDR custom was a MM 5.5 with a trident spearpoint blade, and I've been hoping to see a trident variant of the Torpedo Gunhammer ever since. Looks like Darrel has delivered as always, and it turned out even better than I had imagined! :thumbup:

Awesome! It's a sweeping edge with a piercing point!

These new innovations keep getting closer and closer to my ideal EDC.

Will this blade only be on customs or will there be an HTM version?

Darrel's response is this: He needs 25 orders for HTM Gunhammers with the trident blade profile before he will make them in the HTM format. If there is enough interest for 25, then it will become a regular blade profile in the HTM line.

Last edited:
This knife actually sold to a guy at the ECCKS that wanted a knife to match his golden Desert Eagle. Coincidentally, the first thing I thought of when I saw this knife was a golden Desert Eagle.

I will skip the fact the knife looks awesome and go straight to my critique of the blade. For me, there needs to be a bigger difference in the transition on the spine. Look at the Trident blade on his older Madd Maxxes, that worked.

I will skip the fact the knife looks awesome and go straight to my critique of the blade. For me, there needs to be a bigger difference in the transition on the spine. Look at the Trident blade on his older Madd Maxxes, that worked.

It's a subtle change for sure. I like both. I think for the Gunhammers, Darrel was going more for a spear point, but with the "cutout" (what the heck is that blade feature called anyway for when you make a trident? I used to know). The Mad Maxx tridents were much more pronounced. Didn't they also have a slight recurve?

Yeah, I really like this version, but I think a version with a more dramatic transition/trident would be sweet as well.

Back