New blades in today--PICS ADDED

shandrydan1

Gold Member
I just got in my short Ka-Bar and Mark 1 in all black. Both are fantastic out of the box. The fit and finish are spot on with shaving sharp factory edges. My only regret is that I didnt get the leather sheaths as well. I will be adding a full size Ka-Bar to the family soon and I will probably get it in the stacked leather.

Last edited:
I just got in my short Ka-Bar and Mark 1 in all black. Both are fantastic out of the box. The fit and finish are spot on with shaving sharp factory edges. My only regret is that I didnt get the leather sheaths as well. I will be adding a full size Ka-Bar to the family soon and I will probably get it in the stacked leather.

PICS MAN, PICS!!!

Glad you are diggin' the new knives, man, you gotta couple of good ones there. Good size and weight for all day carry, and some killer blade shapes.

I'm betting you'll have to get the same ones in leather once you get your hands on the American Legend. There's just something about that knife.

Moose

I'd love to see a comparison review between these two, as lots of people actually wind up trying to decide between them.

Also...

PHOTOS

:).

I've been trying to find my camera and my phone takes crappy pics. Unfortunately I wound up sending the short Ka-Bar back to finish funding another purchase right now. I will be getting it back, so as soon as I do I will try and get up some pics and may attempt a review.

If I get ahold of my camera before then I will snap some pics of the Mark1 and post em up.

Last edited:
I think that will be next on my list. You'll love the full size ka bar with the stacked leather, its a great knife. I was also expecting the foliage green ka bar that I ordered on Christmas for myself and turns out the seller off the bay was actually sold out and still managed to charge me and didn't bother to contact me. I feel like a dummy for waiting by the mail box for a week.... Congrats on the new baby!

Here are some pics. Since I sent the short KaBar back I just decided to take some shots of my other KaBars. Actually forgot I had the FIN stuck back in the closet. The Doziers are my go-to knives for hunting and fishing. Have yet to get to use my MK1. We have been swamped at work so time has been short to do any camping or hiking yet. I did take it hunting with me the end of season but unfortunately had no luck this year.

P1010423.jpg

P1010425.jpg

P1010424.jpg

P1010421.jpg

P1010426.jpg

P1010419.jpg

P1010420.jpg

P1010422.jpg

I think this is the first time I've seen comparison shots of the Dozier and the MK1. I love the looks of the MK1.

And enjoy those toys man.

Back