Photos New blades with Chatoyant Carbon Fiber scales (3D CF)

Getting some great pics finally, as this material gets into circulation after some high end bladesmiths work their magic with it. I'm currently making 1911 grips with it for fabrication spec writing etc, but mostly because its so mesmerizing to get to the 3000 Trizact and buffing stage.

John Gray using CCF in Wild Ribbon Flame - Blue 2 Purple Chameleon interleaf:
image1.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Allen Elishewitz using Wild Ribbon Flame - Platinum interleaf:
AE-WRF-SharpCoop.jpg

John Blazy using Wild Ribbon Flame - Platinum 3+1:

1911-wrf-platinum-txt.jpg

WRF-SuperShift Chameleon:
image573628-3e7b619f7c8e9f7a221f139c1c7ce18e.jpg

Red Burl Dichrolam (my original, Opal-like laminate, different from CCF):
image548028-140e542df69354de4df051f482eec390.jpg

20181001_142123__54173.1538498993.jpg

1911-BS-Txt.JPG
image573622-4c1256cfcdd6aaa9f6f8a9a498fd01f7.jpg

Getting some great pics finally, as this material gets into circulation after some high end bladesmiths work their magic with it. I'm currently making 1911 grips with it for fabrication spec writing etc, but mostly because its so mesmerizing to get to the 3000 Trizact and buffing stage.

John Gray using CCF in Wild Ribbon Flame - Blue 2 Purple Chameleon interleaf:
View attachment 1035897
View attachment 1035898

Allen Elishewitz using Wild Ribbon Flame - Platinum interleaf:
View attachment 1035899

John Blazy using Wild Ribbon Flame - Platinum 3+1:

View attachment 1035900

WRF-SuperShift Chameleon:
image573628-3e7b619f7c8e9f7a221f139c1c7ce18e.jpg

Red Burl Dichrolam (my original, Opal-like laminate, different from CCF):
image548028-140e542df69354de4df051f482eec390.jpg

20181001_142123__54173.1538498993.jpg

View attachment 1035901
image573622-4c1256cfcdd6aaa9f6f8a9a498fd01f7.jpg

Awesome material!

Reminds me somewhat of copper fleck shred carbon fibre.

But on another level.

Awesome material!

Reminds me somewhat of copper fleck shred carbon fibre. But on another level.

Thanks Man! I love copper shred - very innovative. I have done copper foil interleaf in my quilted CCF, and doing new adhesion primers for Wild Ribbon Flame in 3X copper layering, which should be amazing. This is two layer copper in Quilt:
cf-copperquilt-sheetclsp.jpg Copper-Quilt-twoknives.JPG

Attachments

• copperflame-clsp.jpg
    copperflame-clsp.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Man! I love copper shred - very innovative. I have done copper foil interleaf in my quilted CCF, and doing new adhesion primers for Wild Ribbon Flame in 3X copper layering, which should be amazing. This is two layer copper in Quilt:
View attachment 1039504 View attachment 1039516

You are really making some amazing composite material. Its always cool to see what kind of new configurations people can come up with.

You are really making some amazing composite material. Its always cool to see what kind of new configurations people can come up with.

Here's the latest. Titanium Burl. Unbelievably expensive raw dichroic film, then it took me four years to figure out how to pattern it to get the colors. Then another two years to test adhesion primers, which none worked, so I had to formulate my own (former chemist - came in handy) in order to get the patterned films to stick to my resin. I named it Titanium Burl, because it has all the colors of Titanium Oxide, similar to Timascus, but my image I am referring to is when I was on a business trip to Ruger Investment Casting in Tempe, AZ, and they show me their Titanium melting furnace that had these giant 6" DIA "welding rods" that arced inside the crucible to melt the Ti. I'll never forget the colors all over them - same as below.

This material is not spec'd for full knife scales yet - just inlay stock. Don't ask unless willing to spend $, - still less expensive than Opal; about the same as top grade Paua Abalone shell, but this is more colorful, and easier to fabricate. I cut it with my laser, then sand and polish.

TiBurl-Clsp-Grips.jpg
tiburl-grips.jpg

Here's the latest. Titanium Burl. Unbelievably expensive raw dichroic film, then it took me four years to figure out how to pattern it to get the colors. Then another two years to test adhesion primers, which none worked, so I had to formulate my own (former chemist - came in handy) in order to get the patterned films to stick to my resin. I named it Titanium Burl, because it has all the colors of Titanium Oxide, similar to Timascus, but my image I am referring to is when I was on a business trip to Ruger Investment Casting in Tempe, AZ, and they show me their Titanium melting furnace that had these giant 6" DIA "welding rods" that arced inside the crucible to melt the Ti. I'll never forget the colors all over them - same as below.

This material is not spec'd for full knife scales yet - just inlay stock. Don't ask unless willing to spend $, - still less expensive than Opal; about the same as top grade Paua Abalone shell, but this is more colorful, and easier to fabricate. I cut it with my laser, then sand and polish.

View attachment 1040638
View attachment 1040639

Are these like the red burl or black sea dichloram?

Its a beautiful material. Makes me wish I made better decisions in my life and became a pimp; momma always said I had the potential.

Oh man, that is some beautiful stuff. So many possibilities. I hope we see alot more of this stuff in the knife world

Wow! Stunning, I could stare at pics of that All Day. Now that is thinking out of the box:thumbsup: so many possibility's.

Are these like the red burl or black sea dichloram?

Its a beautiful material. Makes me wish I made better decisions in my life and became a pimp; momma always said I had the potential.

Same process, but different raw dichroic film thats no longer made, and my investors bought the last $40K of it. So yes, same as Black Sea, Red Burl, and soon will introduce Fire Burl.

Oh man, that is some beautiful stuff. So many possibilities. I hope we see alot more of this stuff in the knife world

I've been doing this for many years in glass, but that had limited potential - architects don't like color, unless its a children's hospital (done six) or bar tops, then my machineable version actually has a pretty limited application range as well due to cost. I would like to see it in yacht and private jet interiors as inlay banding, etc or full supercar dashboard / gauge cluster panels. So far only Aston Martin is serious (under NDA agreements), but thats a good start. Grips and knife scales are an awesome market - my kind of people (as opposed to the libtard interior designers that take all the credit for stunning use of my material, then never credit me in press). Follow Allen Elishewitz Knives - true visionary thats not waiting til I'm "known" to use it. Full guitar faces are debuting at NAMM in January by Acacia Guitars, so that cool too. Martin Guitar is planning to visit my shop after I ramp up to my 24 x 40" production molds for my Quilted CCF. Guitar world is slow to adopt the Dichrolam as inlay stock, but PRS uses it. Jens Ritter did two $40K guitars with Black Sea as full faces. He hasn't followed up with me on CCF though, but thats fine - he's too busy being famous.

Wow! Stunning, I could stare at pics of that All Day. Now that is thinking out of the box:thumbsup: so many possibility's.

Thanks! I too have a hard time not staring at it, because the real thing is wilder than pictures. Seriously. If I cut all my "staring time" out of my day, I'd be much more productive, but then again, that's when I learn to improve it.

Well it looks like Jim and Ron are on to something big and I love the way Allen matched your material on the scales to compliment the Mokati bolsters on his creations. They are a butiful colaboration of marerials and thanks for posting them sir. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back