New Buck Products for 2002

The fixed blade Alpha Hunter in ATS-34 with rosewood handle looks like an opportunity to be faithful to my new year's resolution to buy more knives this year. What's the thickness? What kind of sheath? When will it be available?

The Solution looks interesting too -- I presume that's 1/4" ...

Cougar - I don't have any info yet on the release of the Alphas. Buck also sent me some press releases for the new stuff, I'll check them out to see if they list an ETA and sheath material.

An open letter to Buck knives........

Don't forget what happened to Sears when they forgot what their main
business was......Wal-mart aced them and a bunch of others.

Yeech! All this new stuff really bites. It will appeal only to a very narrow segment
of the youthful wanna be crowd ........without the money to buy.

My only suggestion is ...........
Fire your marketing department and re-hire Pete Q and go back to making ........money.

Originally posted by Tightwad
My only suggestion is ...........
Fire your marketing department and re-hire Pete Q and go back to making ........money.

Um.... what? Pete Q. is gone? Is this the same Pete as Pete's Custom Knife Shop? (yeah, I've been under a rock for a month or so now..... :rolleyes: ) Please say it isn't so...

So is that why I'm STILL not seeing that Vanguard or 500 option on the custom knife shop web site? (Heck, is the site even still up????)

:rolleyes:

Like the Buck Strider Solution... but...

Ti handles on a 110;
One handed opening 110;
BG-42, VG-10 or even ATS-34/CPM154 on the Nighthawk;
A carbon steel Nighthawk;
Classic fixed blades (119, 105, etc.) in 52-100;
Bring back the 100 year old models in today's quality steels.

I truly wish nothing but the best for Buck. I hope they enjoy success with their new models, but let's not forget the old-school Buck knives we all know and love.

Hello!

I really like the alpha hunter folder without the guthook. Honestly it was like love on first sight!!!
But because i´m not familiar with folders can anybody tell me if this one would be a good choice. What special things do I have to pay attention to when buying a folder?

Thanks for answers!

Max

I really think Buck should consider more collorabations with expierenced makers. We may all be dead wrong but they seem to be going in the wrong direction. That or they are way ahead of everyone else.

Regards,

Tom Carey

Back