New Camp Protector!

Just picked this up yesterday, it's a Uberti 1873 Cattleman in .357 Magnum with a 4 5/8th inch barrel.

Heading out tomorrow to test drive her! :D

UbertiCattlemanPack.jpg

If you ever need parts..Brownells has you covered...I had one and needed some screws...they kept coming loose. I would keep an eye on them..other than that, I thought it was a good deal..since I could never afford a Colt. I also liked the Ruger Vaquero's.

If you ever need parts..Brownells has you covered...I had one and needed some screws...they kept coming loose. I would keep an eye on them..other than that, I thought it was a good deal..since I could never afford a Colt. I also liked the Ruger Vaquero's.

I hear you, I used to shoot a lot of Colt clones years ago, and I've learned it pays to have spare flat springs handy!

That's one area, that Ruger has the edge for sure, coil wire springs thoughout!

I have the Blackhawk with the 4 5/8 barrel in 41 Mag. Great camp guns. I like the Uberti's too.

Great looking gun. I have to second the Rugers as well. My 44mag BlackHawk is my primary deer hunting gun.

I have the Ruger Blackhawk in 45 LC too. I also Have the NEF Buffalo Classic rifle in 45 LC.

I`ve got the Ruger New Model Vaquero .357 in stainless, it makes a great woods gun.

John

It must a flaw common to that model. I had one in .44-40 cal and it had a few screws that kept working loose as well. In fact, the whole shell ejector assembly fell right off at the range one day! Once I found all the pieces and employed a little loctite...it was a pleasure to shoot! -Matt-

Beautiful revolver there... let us know how it shoots! I've been thinking about getting one of those...

Nice Revolver, very good choice. I've looked at those Ubertis they seem to have a great fit and finish.

Love those Single Actions...my most recent is a Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt with a 4-5/8 barrel

Just got back from it's first trip out.

I ran out to a small range we have at my brother's house, nothing fancy and I had to use a milk crate as a benchrest. :D

I was shooting Magtech .38 Special Cowboy Action Loads with a 158gr Lead Semi Wadcutter.

With this load, the gun shot about 1.5-2 inches to the right and about the same low, but very consistently.

I was firing 5 shot strings.

1st target
1stTarget.jpg

Last target, I was beginning to learn to correct and my groups got a little better.
2ndTarget.jpg

Of course, I could not resist doing the playing card bit! :D

4 shots on the card, with the 5th going high and left.
PlayingCard.jpg

It's been 15+ years since I shot a SA with fixed sights, so I got room for improvement for sure, and some playing around to find the best load for this one, but I had fun!

First time out? Good job.

All of those are great groupings from 10 yards, SA, Fixed Sights.

Looks like fun.

Back