New car / automobile buying & leasing tips for CPK'ers

As a fellow New Mexican I would like to know who the selling dealership is (a pm if you're ok sharing the information). I wouldn't want to do business with a company like that and I'm glad you got it worked out to your satisfaction.

tires...hmmm...???
Michelin LTX A/T2
Continental Terrain Contact AT
General Grabber APT
Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT
Firestone Destination AT
Bridgestone Dueler Revo3 AT
Toyo Open Country AT
Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Hancook Dynapro AT2
Maxxis Bravo AT-771
Kumho Road Venture AT51
???

tires...hmmm...???
Michelin LTX A/T2
General Grabber APT
Firestone Destination AT
Toyo Open Country AT
Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Hancook Dynapro AT2
Maxxis Bravo AT-771
Kumho Road Venture AT51
???
Not sure if this is allowed but I follow this gentleman on YouTube and he gives some great tire information in his many real world experience reviews. He is referring to the tires he mentions on big 1 ton vehicles, highway driving mostly but he tells it straight.
Hope this helps, and if not allowed please delete moderators.

tires...hmmm...???
Michelin LTX A/T2
General Grabber APT
Firestone Destination AT
Toyo Open Country AT
Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Hancook Dynapro AT2
Maxxis Bravo AT-771
Kumho Road Venture AT51
???

That rig will ride best on a set of Michelins but we are talking road, not off-road! FWIW, I like Bridgestone too but Michelin rides smoother.

I ran Toyo open country ATs on my Land Rover, great tire in snow and rain. I run Good year duratracs AT on my truck, their beasts !!! The duratracs look aggressive but are quiet on road. I’ve had great luck with them all around. I don’t even use 4x4 much with them, my second set.

Ap6MxHP.jpg

Yokohama geolanders #4 On list. Those are nice tires, they were on my LR when I bought it. No complaints on those, I just couldn’t get a deal when time came to replace.
iNFZAeD.png

just ordered em! Literally minutes ago

I saw em on sale at Crappy Tire for 20% off, called my local tire guy to check on install fee so I can at least give him some scrilla. He's like, I'll sell em to you for just slightly more so I'm not losing money. That means I don't have to drive an hour to Crappy Tire, be at Crappy Tire or support Crappy Tire. I can support my local tire guy and since he rides bikes I can return the favour. All in, including labour I'm actually paying even less. Life in a small town ain't bad

Last edited:
it was funny logging in here moments after I arranged for my new tires and seeing your recommendo. Immediate and unsolicited affirmation- the best kind!

found a home for this miniature that Ryan Weeks made for me many years ago. It's based on the PIF knife, (Pay it Forward) project that we worked on together as a benefit for the kids. Still one of my favourite designs

q3RqQQJ.jpg

and the moral of the story? Righteous extortion always wins the day :)

The moral of the story is that Mr. Pierson has an ewuge horseshoe lodged somewhere deep up his colon in which case he will need to go in for colonoscopy ;)
Had the dealership not been in escrow this could've had an entirely different outcome pending court litigation for many many years to come. As previously stated, most big franchise dealers have some form of indemnity clause in their umbrella insurance and when things get litigious, those insurance Co lawyers will be activated into hyperdrive.

In this case, it would have been extremely difficult for the plaintiffs (MP) to prove that the defendant (skeezy selling dealer) actually knew about the issues (I don't remember if they were a RAM franchise or not) because they can easily claim that they bought it (traded-in) from an individual who did not disclose this information (the frame damage and the warranty void based on this issue) to them but the stickler for them as a "professional" would still remain the point that they are supposed to be the professionals.

Mike received an 11K gift which I do not know if he will be 1099'd for but maybe not. The dealership sold the business and made millions without a lingering PITA. It's a win-WIN because the House always wins ;)

and the moral of the story? Righteous extortion always wins the day :)

Exactly!
Knowing just the right amount of “pressure” to apply on the perpetrator’s psychie and reminding them often of what they have to lose, worked very well for me...
Going now to ride my dirt bike before winter returns here tomorrow’!
You’ll know it is me cause I am grinning ear to ear.
Merry freakin Christmas!453F6F93-EA12-4087-8B6D-817321EFD354.jpeg

Back