New changes to coffee nites

Many of you are familiar with our Coffee Nites, some of you have attended.

Beginning at our next Coffee Nite - Tues, April 7th - we are planning on having a guest speaker. We hope to have a special speaker once a month.
Speakers will have 15-30 min. depending on them and their topic.

The people we have in mind will be addressing a number of different topics, some will be about knives but many will not, however, we hope that you will find them of interest and find them enjoyable as well as informative.

Best regards, Carol Tichbourne :)

Just to add to the above post, we have guest speakers lined up to carry us through the rest of the year.

We will be doing a tour of a heat treating facility, and possibly in future to a waterjet cutting facility.

There will be demonstrations and info exchanged, plus the coffee is free and the company is Great !! :)

Drop by and pay us a visit ................

Coffee Nite TUes April 7th - change - instead of guest speaker George will be demonstrating a new machine just arrived.

George also has a Vertical Grinder for Sale, it will be at Coffee Nite.

Just a quick note about tours, road trips etc.

Carol :)

Last edited:
Coffee Nite SCHEDULE for balance of 2009

Oct 6 - Show & Tell
Oct 20 - Road trip - Waterjet Cutting Facility (all welcome)
We'll meet at our shop first than car pool - about 5min away

Nov 3 - Show & Tell
Nov 17 - Guest Speaker : Staff Sgt from Miss. Police (this chap also
gives gun courses so you can get your licenses)

Dec 1 - Show & Tell
Dec 15 - Our Christmas Party
Dec 29 - General R & R away from the family & fuss of Christmas :)

All are Welcome to join us 7-9pm every second Tues.

Coffee is Free - Want something to nibble ~ bring it with you ;)

The companionship is good, some of the fellows go the a local pub afterwards - if you are new you would certainly be made welcome.

With the store you can always do some Christmas shopping while you're there.

The next 5 coffee nites ~ that take us to the end of the year are set. For those of you who have not ventured forth - come on out. Doesn't cost anything other than the gas to get there.

In the next little while I will be looking for topics for next years road trips and guest speakers.

We were unable to visit the waterjet cutter because their schedule had changed so that will be sometime next year.

In the meantime if any of you have a topic you'd like visited regarding knives, sheaths, materials etc. E-mail your idea and I'll see if it's possible. :):)

We have THREE Coffee Nites left in 2009.

The last one had a disappointing turn out. We had a guest speaker who took time off work to come out and speak to our group and there were a number of people not there.

For 2010 I'm going to have to check and see what topics everyone would like covered and see who I can find to come and speak to us. There are a couple road trips to try and plan as well

One thing we will be doing is have fellows from the group speak about their hobbies or their work. We have some very interesting fellows who come out and it should be quite interesting.

If you haven't taken time yet to join us. It's a pretty laid back event.
The coffee is free, usually someone brings in cookies or donuts. The dog isn't there for those not comfortable with them. There is always some show and tell even when we have a speaker. The store is open and you can purchase knife steel, belts, compound, some handle material depending on your needs and our supply. We also offer heat treating services in that you can combine your blades with George's and when his go in yours do too. It will save on the set up fee for you. However, we can't just drop them in as they come in they have to go in with a batch of George's so you may have to wait and extra week or so.

The time is 7 - 9pm and the details are always posted on our main page on our website. http://www.tichbourneknives.com
Come on out. All are welcome.

Fourth Coffee Nite of 2010 -

This Coffee Nite we have a guest speaker - one of our regulars at Coffee Nite who is going to make a brief presentation/explanation about House Ins.

Rob made a presentation last year a debunked alot of misinformation about Car Insurance. It should be a good nite.

Come and join us. All Welcome !!

7 -9 pm Tues, February 23rd.

Hi Carol! I haven't forgotten that I offered to talk, sometime, about leather carving, and stuff made out of leather. (Perhaps I should focus on knife sheaths, thinking of your audience, but I can veer off in any direction). You won't offend me if you don't take up this offer, but I could do something, probably from April onward, if you want.........Pete Hooker

That would be awesome if Pete presents on a night I can make it. I've seen his work and wouldn't mind picking up a few tips and tricks. Can't wait for the next coffee night that sync's. Hope all is well.

Gentlemen below is the schedule for the remaining 2010 Coffee Nites
They are always TUESDAY nites 7-9pm (we try and get there at 6:30 for those travelling any distance)
----------------------------------------
There are a few Guest speakers that have agreed to come in during this half of the year but have not finalized the dates with them as yet.

Fenix LIghts - Alex always has some new must haves :)
A Gentleman who has a couple authentic Samari Swords & photos from WW11
A Police Rookie with insite & tales of his first months on the force
Someone who has taken a course in internet security
George is building a grinder so one night that will be the topic
A chap who has a massive collection (25) of George's knives
And of course our Christmas Party
-----------------------------------------
Remaining Dates:

Sept 21st - Fenix Lights is coming in to sell

Oct 5th, 19th

somewhere between Sept 21 & Dec we will have a guest blade smith showing us how he works his damascus - date not definite yet.

Nov 2nd, Guest speaker on leather work
16th, 30th

Dec 14th ** Our Christmas Party** (depending on everyone's schedule)
Dec 28th - respite from the family gatherings and a quite time to be with the guys.

Last edited:
The New Year proves to be an interesting one. Hopefully for all of us 2011 will be a much better year, financially & healthwise.

Coffee Nites are still going to be EVERY OTHER TUESDAY

The time is 7 - 9 pm HOWEVER
if you should happen to arrive "early" or "late" it's not a problem. Should there be a guest speaker or presentation/demonstration that nite just try and be quiet if the speaker is presenting. We are quite happy to have you join us whether you are early or late. Very often we run to around 9:30 but unless it's Christmas we like to clear out no later than 9:30. George & I do have to put a full day in the next day and we're not as young as most of the rest of you :)

So far I have managed to line up 3 or 4 guests with interesting things to share with us. We will be making a collaborative knife in the new year. Another thing will be a - I can't say competition because it's not but it will be fun. We're looking at trying to get a tour going but it depends on the company I'm talking to if they have a night shift running.

There's alot on the schedule for 2011, if you've never come out to a Coffee Nite why not join us. Coffee is free, I've been told it's wet, hot and not bad so I guess that's OK .....;)

Back