New CIVIVI arriving around late Mar. or early Apr.2023

🔥 Feb. New Announcement🔥
Take a closer look at New CIVIVI knives,all will be arriving at dealers around late Mar. or early Apr.2023
Comment to let us know your favorite ones.🙌

PNqSKSG.jpg

Your fixed blades should be running 14C28N. It is much tougher, easier to sharpen, and more resistant to corrosion. Its qualities make it ideal for use in fixed blades.

While D2 has better edge retention in theory, there is still controversy regarding the edge retention of Chinese D2. Fewer people see it as a mark of quality. More people now associate it with cheap budget knives. Companies such as Bestech and Petrified Fish who use a lot of D2 have started offering K110 as an alternative in response to this. From the Concept 22 to the Teton Tickler, D2 is the deal breaker for me. If either of those knives were 14C28N, I'd already own one and I'd be eagerly awaiting the other.

I second the preference for 14C28N or Nitro V over D2. Glad the Spiny Dogfish is in 14C28N.

That Concept 22 looks nice! But the D2 steel makes it a more difficult choice, even though I generally trust Civivi as a brand, unless the price is REALLY compelling - like sub $75 street price.

The danger of announcing something so far in advance is that it gives idiots such as myself time to come to our senses and realize we don't really need something like the Concept 22. My Maxwell is enough fixed blade silliness for me, after careful consideration.

Still in for a Spiny Dogfish tho! :thumbsup:

I second the preference for 14C28N or Nitro V over D2. Glad the Spiny Dogfish is in 14C28N.

That Concept 22 looks nice! But the D2 steel makes it a more difficult choice, even though I generally trust Civivi as a brand, unless the price is REALLY compelling - like sub $75 street price.

$212 Civivi Teton Tickler
$135 Civivi Maxwell
$93 Civivi Concept 22

Well, at least prices are trending in the right direction for these. Just for comparison, here is a big ol' chunk of Chinese D2 from Kubey, from today's carry picture.

The street price on this bad boy is only $56. They have lots of D2 fixed blades in that price range and I'd be surprised if the Civivi fixed blades in D2 had significantly better edge retention. BTW, the overall fit and finish on this Kubey is decent. The kydex sheath is excellent. The knife locks into the sheath beautifully and without rattle.

MXT6bNw.jpg

Back