New CPK DEK1 Day

marchone

Gold Member
This seems to be a somewhat rare CPK DEK1 made with AEB-L. And a collab between Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist and Lorien Lorien . Gentlemen, how many were made?

Carothers Performance Knives designed the DEK1 as a collaboration with Lorien Arnold. It is a well made, high performance, medium size EDC utility knife. This knife sports AEB-L, a very tough stainless steel. Though Carothers is most known for the the delta heat treat protocol for 3V, this is more suited for individuals who may encounter extended wet conditions, live in environments with higher humidity or simply want a knife that's easier to maintain.

Per Nathan Carothers, "The AEBL is aimed at jarheads, not knife nuts. The Elmax is equally tough and has better wear resistance, but in rough use (clacking it against hard stuff) it goes dull just as fast as AEBL and the average enlisted man can't sharpen it. It's a matter of edge stability vs wear resistance. The AEBL performs better in edge stability and is easy to sharpen and makes a better choice for someone who wants a tough low-maintenance knife."

The heat treatment for Carother's AEB-L is a multi-step process that also involves complex cryo and shares many similarities with the Delta protocol. When purchasing a Carothers knife, you are also purchasing one of the best heat treatments available, if not the most optimized for the respective steel used for the blade.

0701.jpg

Lorien Lorien I hope you make a sheath for this beauty. It surely needs one from you.

Last edited:
No. I meant the sheath loop.
I don’t recall if Lorien offered attachment hardware with this one. I think has offered this DCC clip before.

Which can be used for inside or outside the waistband carry, and pocket carry. There’s also the Ulticlip.

I don’t recall if Lorien offered attachment hardware with this one. I think has offered this DCC clip before.

Which can be used for inside or outside the waistband carry, and pocket carry. There’s also the Ulticlip.
I didn't include a clip, (still don't) because there are so many options. But my preferred clip is the model 4 for a 1.5" belt. I carry my DEK1 strong side edge back iwb

Back