New Custom Shop 110 arrives!

Well, after much more time than I thought it would take, but still a week or so before the sixtieth hatchday celebration of it's planned recipient, my latest CS 110 arrived yesterday. My wife found it on our front stairs - not faulting the UPS guy, it was near the century mark yesterday - and my steep driveway tests most folks parking brake.

Well... I am in awe! It is more than I expected - just what I ordered, yet more, if that makes sense. Thank you, Pete and the Custom Shop - I love it - my finest yet! Below are my now three CS 110s; last year's BG-42/orange Fiji wood and the teardrop Damascus/flaming Koa wood and the latest BG-42/fg-ed water buffalo. I love those nickel silver bolsters - perfect! I am so fortunate to have these fine examples, and more than a little ashamed of my impatience. After a miserable morning at the range, ending early when my rh wrist's CTS acted up (My grip won't hold a can of pop!), my wife thought I needed a 'pick-me-up' - and said open it early - I really love it. Had to share. It went right to display - neither thumb could close it (... or my well worn 110, for that matter! It'll get better today... after it keeps me from mowing the lawn, of course.).

IMG_0604.jpg

A very fortunate Stainz (or... John!)

Here is my wife with <1 month from new - special ordered for her - '05 Dodge SRT-4 pocket rocket. It was Christmas '04 - and I had just installed some of Santa's goodies - the tail light lenses she had to have - on a new car! Anyhow, it's 'orange blast' - and a perfect match for the 'orange' 'Whittaker' knife I got on closeout from Cabela's recently. Sadly, she also wants that orange Fiji wood 110 - said it was dead on in color, too. So, I may be getting another orange Fiji wood 110 - but, I'd kinda like a Cabela's AG110 in stag. It'll have to wait a bit.

DSCF0070.jpg

Stainz

Awesome knives (and your lady and car are cool too! :thumbup:)!

I'm now considering an orangewood CS 110...or oak, I can't make up my mind.

Anyway, thanks for sharing,
Allen

Nice herd there, Stainz! I am just about ready to drop the hammer on a CS 110 myself. I hope it turns out as good as yours look. :thumbup:

deltablade

Gold Member
I tried to "build " a custom on Bucks website and kept getting shunted to an info page, could never get to anything like a spec page
any ideas?

I tried to "build " a custom on Bucks website and kept getting shunted to an info page, could never get to anything like a spec page
any ideas?

Do you have java script enabled on your web browser?

If not, you'll have to to use the builder I think.

Just before lunch, while cleaning up some pine tree limbs, I found where the big pine tree by my basement's side window, where the leadin for my various antennas once fed (I was an avid 'shortwave listener'.), when I found the rope growing out of the tree. Well, it was attached to the grown-over and burried inside the tree eye bolt - and some of the 5/16" OD (olive drab surplus) remnants of my rope used to support the various antennas was in the bark. I coaxed the rope out - and elected to saw the four runs of it at one time - with the only knife in my pocket - that new BG-42 asian water buffalo 110. It didn't have to 'saw' - it cut through the four parallel pieces like butter. I've never cut that stuff so easily. To be sure it wasn't just rotted, I took a piece and looped it over a low limb - both supported my weight - which is a lot!

I am impressed with BG-42 - and my new CS 110. It looks kinda neat, too.

Stainz