new customer

Just ordered my first Delta-Z, the silver 360 exec model because the price was only $29.99. I was ready to buy a black one elsewhere for about $55, but I'll take the bargain instead. I understand Delta-Z is closed until the 17th of June, so I'll wait patiently for it.

I'll be looking forward to posting my review, here and elsewhere.

I hope it looks discreet clipped into a pants pocket, unlike most tactical folders which scream "knife!" and now I need to find a matching pen to carry deeper inside the same pocket (silver finish, half inch diameter, similar appearance of clip and top).

Any suggestions for a matching pen?

I understand Delta-Z is closed until the 17th of June, so I'll wait patiently for it.
Those fine Delta-Z folks got right back to it. Here it is the 17th and I received an email with my tracking number. Fan-tastic! :D.

Received it Thursday, 6-20-02. Since they were closed Monday, they must have done it all on Tuesday. I'm on the other side of the country. I'm still waiting for a package from a different vendor, ordered the same day. Delta-Z did perfect on this!

Too early for a detailed review. The instructions were brief but simple, it's supposed to require two hands to open and close. One handed closing is simple, if I nudge it against a leg or an object. Same with one handed opening, but nudging just the handle tip against something is much slower than two hands.

I think one handed opening might be possible, centrifical force into reverse grip, letting half of the handle hang free at 90 degrees, but would this stress the knife unfairly, void the warrantee? I'd rather break it in as designed. I know it's not a balisong.
Sometimes the back edge of the blade does not stay 100% behind the moving handle half during opening, I would not want to make this worse. But it's not a problem. Does anyone have any more info on this knife? I'm going to tke it pen shopping today.

Dear ChuteTheMall,<p>Glad you like the knife :) BTW, it was never intended to be one hand opening knife, but I'm sure you know that, by your comment.."it's not a balisong". If you actually needed to open it in more than the one or two seconds it takes with two hands, you probably need more than any knife can provide. Also, the knife should NOT need any breaking in period. It's meant to have a bit of friction on the pivot to prevent the blade or handle from swinging freely.<p>Enjoy it!

I got one a while ago, and keep it on my desk. It's actually the first knife at hand when mail or packages come in, so it gets a bit of use :)

It is easy and safe to open and close it with one hand.

First, I hold it clip down and towards me in my right hand and push the moving portion, with my thumb, to the left, rotating it outwards until it locks open. Once it clicks, I reach up with my thumb and rotate the cover back into the original position, leaving the blade extended.

To close it, I rotate the cover with my thumb as I did to open it, back up over the blade. Then, pinching down on the liner lock with my thumb, I reach around with my index finger and gently rotate it back to the left, to a right angle, and then reach up with my thumb and rotate it back to the original closed position.

If you do it exactly this way, the little ledge inside the blade cover will always be against the cutting edge, for safety.

Thanks, that works.

I've also tried a flashier opening, holding it as above, but rotating the cover the other way, counterclockwise, about 1/3 of the way (60 degrees)then forcefully snapping the whole thingwhich spins that cover all the rest of the way around, with the blade foreward. This is the fastest opening I have found, to a saber grip. But it does not appear to be as designed, therefore endless practice might constitute abuse, so it's just another skill to know.

The knife seems well made though......it's a little heavy and slow to be my only EDC, which is usually a Delica or Endura, but this is still a fun knife and I'm not sure whether it will end up on my cluttered desk or in my briefcase.

There is a similar reverse grip opening, held clip down and away, thumb opens top cover about 1/3 again, counterclockwise, then the whole wrist snap again, into an icepick grip. But I think I'll stick to the conventional opening, staying safe and smooth, and leave the flashy clickety-clacking to the balisongsters.

I don't know if I should thank you or not, but ... I had seen the new manual stiletto at the Blade Show, and when I came across this thread, and got involved in thinking about Delta Z again, I went to the site and ordered a stiletto and a silver 360. Can't resist that price, and now I can have one for my pocket that won't worry the knifephobic public! -- My burgundy 360 is staying on my desk, next to my burgundy and silver Zig Zag ballpoint.

You will find that this is an extremely strong, sharp blade. Be warned! :D

Back