New Cutting Board-Life is Good!

A very good friend made a new cutting board for me. End grain Rock Maple and Purple Heart out of S. America. He made it perfectly to the specified size to fit the serving trays I use to catch any crumbs or run off. It is absolutely a piece of art. So much so that I didn't even want to use it.
Thought I'd try it out tonight on venison burgers, which were delicious.
The pic below that is of my two newly acquired kitchen prep knives. A Henckels and a Wusthof. Both are fantastic and I highly recommend.
Life is good! (At least for the moment).
ve7MnRm.jpg

vKlyHtL.jpg

Henckels Zwilling Pro 5.5" Ultimate Prep Knife.
Wusthof Classic 4.5" Asian Prep Knife.
If you look around at Christmas Holiday time, you can usually find a pretty good deal.
I was looking for something small, sharp, handy and keeps an edge or is easily sharpened and both of these fit the bill.
Also, with the way the handle is shaped (elevated), vs. a paring knife, it keeps our knuckles off the cutting board when used as a mini chopper.
Additionally, the handles are not overly big. I bet they would fit great also for someone with small hands.
BTW-I am fairly new to the forum and have learned a lot here. Great group, wonderful folks. This is my first post, just trying to share. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back