New design suggestion/request ... Chain Wallet

LMT66

Gold Member
How about a good old fashioned SBL chain wallet?

Yes, some of us still use them. Many tradesman, motorcycle riders, hikers, commuters, travelers still use these.

Any interest from other members here so we can sway SBL into making this?

Last edited:
I took a Large coffee bifold and added a grommet and chain set up from Tandy Leather to it. I even stained the leather belt loop a the same color as the wallet. I like it, although it is not the traditional, larger "biker" style, it serves my purpose of not losing it! Some how adding a snap or two to keep it closed would make it a touch better IMO.

Back to the original question, yea I'd be interested....

Matt

I have the Classic Wallet ID and the Classic Passport Wallet from Saddleback Leather. If they came out with a chain wallet, I would need one of those too!

I'm just guessing here but I think the 100 year warranty wouldn't allow for a chain wallet. The chain and grommet would put extra strain and wear on the leather, making for an early demise to the wallet.

I would love one. Even to be given the option to have just the hole and grommet would be good. Most of us have our own chains so just to have the ability to attach one with out having to mod the wallet ourselves would be great.

A chain wallet would be awesome! Trucker/biker style made with the thick Saddleback leather and a stainless steel chain.

Back