New DPx HEST First Run Pics (WARNING: Put some plastic over your computer first!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post RYP!

Man those production knives are nice! Green is my favorite color & those really trip my trigger!:thumbup:

Look forward to getting them & getting them shipped to my customers!

*Yes
**Yes, they will. Or at least they always have. :)

Thanks, I'm just hoping they haven't lost my order! :eek:

Just read this on their website: "Right now we have around 470 Pre-orders with only 350 coming in on the first shipment, there will be some cancellations but if you do not make it on the 1st round the 2nd round should be in February"

Hope I made it for the first run, I pre-ordered in August.

I think each one of the HEST versions has its own personality and purpose. You can work your production model to death during the week, pimp the Mr DP version on friday night and take the sterile to church on Sunday.

I think each one of the HEST versions has its own personality and purpose. You can work your production model to death during the week, pimp the Mr DP version on friday night and take the sterile to church on Sunday.

God that has to be one of the best lines for a sale ever. I am pretty much sold on buying multiples lol. I just need to sell off a few other knives to get back on the pre-order list for the first run to look good with my DP.

and oh yeah stab one in the face with your HEST fixed blade early Saturday morning:))

Thanks for the pics Pelton! I made sure I stayed a foot or so away from my keyboard so I didn't drool all over it. I can't wait to get my first run model!!!:D

Will the G10 grip be as "destructive" as the Emerson G10 grip? I.E. Will it eventually wear down and destroy all of my jeans like my Emerson did? In the end, I guess I can just sand it down smooth... so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Will the G10 grip be as "destructive" as the Emerson G10 grip? I.E. Will it eventually wear down and destroy all of my jeans like my Emerson did? In the end, I guess I can just sand it down smooth... so it's not a deal breaker for me.

One of the scales is made of G10. The other scale is made of titanium and has the pocket clip on it... so the compression of your clothing between the clip and the titanium should not shred you pants pocket like G10 does.

I dont know, probably depends on the jeans:) But from my experience of carrying it for couple of months now, pockets are still in one piece.

Tomso - how about posting some more pics of yours that you have. I need some more pics and/or videos to keep me sane. Thanks brother!!

I have a question on the different versions of the hest/f. I've read a few different threads involving the hest/f, but they haven't answered my question. So it is to my understanding that there are 250LE hest/f made. Are the LE folders only the sterile version or is the Mr. Dp design included in that 250 number? If so, then how many of each out of the 250 were allotted for each design? I'm really in love with the Mr. Dp design and was wondering if it's going to be part of a production model or not.

I have a question on the different versions of the hest/f. I've read a few different threads involving the hest/f, but they haven't answered my question. So it is to my understanding that there are 250LE hest/f made. Are the LE folders only the sterile version or is the Mr. Dp design included in that 250 number? If so, then how many of each out of the 250 were allotted for each design? I'm really in love with the Mr. Dp design and was wondering if it's going to be part of a production model or not.

250 total LE, divided up into right hand/left hand and sterile/Mr. DP, depending on what was ordered.

No numbers have been released as to what the ratio is of the different varieties.

The Mr. DP design is not an option for the regular production knife nor is the Black Sterile design. They were options for the preorder of the HEST/F LE knives.

If you look at the design on the MR DP handle with the blade point facing down, the design looks like a one eyed alien smiling holding a martini glass.

lsheldon, you wrote:
…the design looks like a one eyed alien smiling holding a martini glass.
And the problem is what exactly? ;)

:D

:thumbup:

If you look at the design on the MR DP handle with the blade point facing down, the design looks like a one eyed alien smiling holding a martini glass.

LOL! I may be crazy, but I see it. He is smiling though, so I guess he comes in peace (or at least in/with good spirits). So...where is my HEST folder? ;)

Tomso - how about posting some more pics of yours that you have. I need some more pics and/or videos to keep me sane. Thanks brother!!

Ok, mate, tell me what you want on a pick or a video and i'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back