HI. I'm looking for a new EDC.
size: between Delica&Endura
Tip Up,iwb or pocket, low profile.
Not Spydy ( I have 10 spydys):D
fairly smooth handle for iwb,Tough.I'm not a steel junky any good
steel will do.
No autos for me.
Thanks .

I like the Kershaw Black Out. I Have had mine and used it a lot for about three years so far.

p_mcmanis

BANNED
If you dont mind the aus8 steel, sog makes some good edc options if assisted opening is good with you. I dont like it, and I prefer more expensive steel, but sogs are really inexpensive for their very good design.

knarfeng

senex morosus moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
3" blade or less. Less than $100. Suitable for IWB

Benchmade mini-Ambush
Benchmade 707
Cold Steel Medium Voyager - say what you want about the owner, the Voyager series is pretty well made.
Kershaw Ener-G.

The relatively recent "tactical" MC-12 Mcusta series should be right up your alley. These are the biggest Mcustas to date. I don't have one (I have other Mcustas) but it's probably excellent. This one has a 3-5/8" blade and it's 8" open. Notice that the "M" in the blade has been laser-cut-out. I think it looks wonderful.

Img964.jpg

Img106.gif

Img109.gif
Img112.gif

Eventually (probably when they'll do a promotion one day) I will end up buying one, or perhaps one of the more expensive MC-12D damascus series variants:

Img124.jpg

Img119.jpg

One shouldn't have to apologize for recommending the Cold Steel Voyager. I've used more of that series more than any other knife. It's got a mirror-polished steel blade, an exceptionally strong and lightweight Zytel grip and a strong lock. It feels good in the hand, sharpens easily and is easy to sharpen and maintain. The serrations make sharpening a rare requirement and the blade length and configurations are legion.

Benchmades and Kershaws have excellent reputations, but just out of curiosity, with so many Spydercos, why are you looking for a non-Spyderdo? Just looking for something different? Or are you going to be using it for something else?

, but just out of curiosity, with so many Spydercos, why are you looking for a non-Spyderdo? Just looking for something different? Or are you going to be using it for something else?

Spydercos are great knives,but I really need A blade larger than the delica,native and smaller than the Mil,Police,Endura etc.I always have A Rescue in my side pouch.I think I just need some variation.

Dagon , sweet looking knife, does Mcusta make a less tactical drop point
knife? This knife is for when I'll be working as a tour guide, can't scare them
to much:)

ksway , Buck 112 my very first "good" folder ,1976 I still have a couple of 110s they served me well in the army

The Buck is a good choice except for the weight. However the Buck Lite can solve this problem. The Buck pouch on the belt seems more sheople friendly than many knives.

Hrm. I would recommend a D'Allara Drop Point, except you're not looking for more Spyderco's (great knife, though).

Another great choice is a Browning Ice Storm Knife (made by Mcusta). Very solid, good quality knife, and available for less than $35.