1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Escape FL

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by digitalaaron, Apr 1, 2019.

1. digitalaaron

digitalaaron

Dec 2, 2018
    Looks like SOG has released the second of their new framelock models, the Escape FL.
    https://www.sogknives.com/escape-fl.html

I'm a little confused why they gave this the Escape name, though. Neither the handle nor the blade shape are anything like the original. It's also lacking the seatbelt cutter blade and the carbide glass-breaker tip, features that really define the Escape IMO. It uses the same 8CR13MOV steel, though.

Overall, looks pretty underwhelming, like the Flash FL. I know SOG is probably making most of their money from sales of knives like these at Big Box stores, but I'd still like to see more higher quality knives being designed. Even if they are just "upgrades" to the existing knife designs, with better materials. I love what they did for the Spec Elite and Sog Tac autos by creating the Strat Ops and Tac Ops.

microbe and sliceofaloha like this.