New Family member, not knife related

When Carrie and I got home from San Antonio after my most recent surgery a few days ago, we were greeted with this beautiful little girl :) . She had just been born, don't know what whe weighed, but she only stands 18". We have two other miniature donkeys, and this makes the second little spotted girl. These things are just like children to us (or at least I think they are, we never had kids). Haven't named her yet, but the mom is Miss Ellie. I see cat and dog stuff on the forum now and then, so I hope no one minds if I post this. And yes, I can go outside and scratch my little spotted ass anytime I want :D
standard.jpg

Sorry, sir, but only cat and dog stuff is allowed!
Just kidding! Your kids are great. One of these days I need to get some pics of my dogs and cats to show here. too bad they don´t fit on my scanner...

Robert, Is she house broken? Hope to have my calves from this spring taken to auction tomorrow. Whats the difference between a donkey and a burro?

Cool! I love little critters like that. There's nothing quite like picking a newborn foal up off the ground and getting it dried off and started nursing. I'm sure you get the same feeling from your little girl there :)

Hey Ray
If the calves are going to auction, does that mean you couldn't get them away from their mommas? What did they break this time? I don't know if I could handle cows, weaning horses is a big enough pain in the ass. They don't (usually don't) break stuff but they call and carry on for days.
Somebody told me when they used to need to wean calves they put a spiked halter on them. I guess the mother kicking them in the head everytime they tried to nurse made them lose interest pretty quick :eek: ;)

Matt, I've been feeding all the cows in the loading pen. I'm hoping to sneak into the pen while the calves are in there. Let the cows out and keep the calves in. This is pretty tricky since I'll have to walk on sh_t and mud. Could get pretty messy. This is the best way to ween them. I only have to listen to the mothers ball for a day but I'll move them after the calves are gone.
I normally won't winter the calves.....

Thanks guys for the comments I thought I'd show my ass on the public forum one more time, this shows her head a little better. Carrie has named her "Lillie Langtry", which is appropriate since we live about 90 miles from the real Lantry, which was named for Lillie by Judge Bean.
standard.jpg

Thanks Mike :D That's what everyone has been telling me the last two days (except Carrie :( )

They're just little fluffy pets to us Jaegar, but we do have all of the papers on them, just in case.

I stayed away from this thread purposely because I thought it was going to be another one of those ugly baby pictures. Imagine my suprise. I love critters too. Congratulations on the new addition.

RL

YEP!! Robert you got a cutie little ass there. It looks perfect, HMMM Does that make you a perfect ass hol der. :confused: :confused: :D
PS: How arwe you doing after the surgery???

Thanks guys! I'm just now getting over the effects of the surgery IG, the pain pump that they implanted in my abdomen will be jump started later this week, and I'm hoping that I see some beneficial results from it. I'm able to go to the shop and all, but so far haven't been able to really do any work.

Back