New Forum Idea

I have an idea for a new forum. A WESTERN MARTIAL ARTS Fofum. How does that sound? Since I must say my favorite discussions on blade forums are when WMA are discussed. Both blade and empty hand, and all other weapons open to discussion including both technique and history. Snickersnee, if your time would alow I think you'd be the man for job of moderater. What does everybody think?

I think if we do that we my as well open a whole new MA forum web site. We must maintain a focus here and this would spread us a bit thin.

If we do open a MA forum we will let all here know.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I am honored by the nomination, but I feel that at present WMA discusions can fit comfortably in both the Blade Discusion Forum and Tactical/Martial Arts forum.

This is really a kind of niche within a niche intrest, and I don't think it warrants it's own seperate forum, at least in a site such as this. You may want to check out www.netsword.com, though it has only 300 members and action is kinda slow around there at present, there's some very knowledgable people over there.

Besides, by keeping WMA discusions in more general forums, they get more exposure. I agree wholeheartedly with the spirit of your proposal, but circumstances being what they are, I feel our goals for the moment are being best met by the present arrangements.

If at some future date this should change, I wouldn't mind moderating such a forum, but remember, I am a student myself. I share everything I know, but I don't know everything.

Again, I am flattered by the nomination. I'm glad to see that I have made a positive impression upon at least a few of us here, despite my, passionate, views.
wink.gif

Back