1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Friction Folder

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, May 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Here is the newest version of my Friction Folder. These are available to order, with delivery in August.

Specs:
    About 7 1/2" open
    About 3 1/4" blade
    1/8" O1 steel
    Bottle opener on tang
    Price is $158 shipped, in tan, or black micarta. Dark brown shown is $10 extra, green is $5 extra.

DSCN3290.JPG DSCN3289.JPG

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 9:31 AM
    ty_higg, woodysone and austexjg like this.
  2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    nice!
    I love the look of burlap micarta

JK Knives likes this.
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Looks good John, should be a great user. Thanks!:D

JK Knives likes this.
  4. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    John received this today and am very happy with your work!:) I don’t know how you were able to make the blade almost snap into the open position but it functions great and really like the heft of the handle, great work Sir! :D Thank you for your consistent quality.

fishiker and JK Knives like this.
  5. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Thank you very much!

6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Anyone else interested?

7. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    That's one of the better friction folder designs I've seen. I really like the way you incorporated the beverage opener. The price is great for the work that goes into one. I'm trying to reduce my overall knife numbers or I would be ordering one.