New G-10 Buck/Strider Tarani

Does anybody have one of these yet? I have a plain edge with the TACCOM handles, but have always thought it would be better in G-10. Now I see Buck is offering it that way! Just wondering if there are any other differences in the two knifes. Thanks for your input!

I remember reading a thread a while back saying the G-10 will have thicker liners. I'm waiting to see if you can get a plain-edged one as well (already have a combo TACCOM). I wonder if you could just swap a PE blade from an old one to the G-10 body or if it wouldn't work due to the thicker liners.

Do any of the Buck insiders have a definitive word on a plain-edge model?

nozh2002

BANNED
It will ruine old one. I ask already for upgrade by Buck, but it seems not working. I think I will pay some reasonable price for upgrading old one to thicker liner, G10, scrues etc...

It looks unfair to buy one and then in few monthes have new model - real Buck Strider with everything top now.

Thanks, Vassili.

The g10 version has a thicker liner and some subtle changes to the grind and internal workings. A 420HC version with the TACCOM handles will also be available.

The G10 version is shipping to dealers now. MSRP is $180.00

J Rummerfield said:
The g10 version has a thicker liner and some subtle changes to the grind and internal workings. A 420HC version with the TACCOM handles will also be available.

The G10 version is shipping to dealers now. MSRP is $180.00

will they be PE? TIA

Kenny

BOK

This is one I'll have to get for sure. Nice knife made that much nicer with G10.

Kinda OT, but I have not seen it addressed anywhere else.
Do the Buck/ Striders carry the typical incredible Buck warranty, or the no-questions-asked Strider warranty?

I think they carry the Buck warranty. And by the way, I just got my hands on one of these today and it ROCKS! Lockup is dead solid, and the G-10 makes this knife just about perfect in my opinion! Mine is the combo edge, and I already know I will have to have a PE when they come out. Hats off to the guys at Buck for another winner ( and oh yeah, the Strider Guys too!) :D

I got one from WWW.adamsarmory.com :D His price are great and most of all he live 5 minutes away from me. I got this G-10 last week and it has all screw on g-10 so I can be disassemble. Old plastic handle can not be disassembled for cleaning.

J Rummerfield said:
If the Strider logo is on it, the Strider warranty applies as well.
Really? I'm gonna start drawing it on all my knives! :D

Seriously though, that is an awesome policy . . . :cool: