1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

New GB SS Loner

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Rexaroonie, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:59 AM.

1. Rexaroonie

Rexaroonie

Nov 24, 2015
    I just unboxed my new GB SS Black Ash Burl Loner. Beautiful!! As you all know, it looks WAY better in your hand than the pic's on the website. I'd forgotten how exciting it was getting a new knife. (been almost 2 years). Thanks for the Great knife. Hope everyone stays safe.

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad you like it:thumbsup:
    The BAB this go round is freaking fantastic:eek:

B Griffin and Choppaman like this.
  3. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Very glad to hear you like your knife. Also, I feel honored you chose a Fiddleback Forge knife after a two year hiatus. Thank you!

VANCE and B Griffin like this.
  4. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I did not order mine with Black Ash Burl. I was going for more utilitarian, and went with black micarta. I've never held a Loaner, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I couldn't, however, pass up the opportunity to get a model at that Goldilocks size (for an EDC knife) in stainless steel. In true Fiddleback fashion, I was not at all disappointed after unboxing mine yesterday. In hand, it feels great.

This is similar in size to the Handyman, Hiking Buddy, Toboggan, etc. and probably closest to the Hiking Buddy. Same handle length with the blade being just a tad bit longer and taller. The handle feels very different from the Hiking Buddy though... taller, more substantial, but not as round as the Handyman's. Sorry, no pictures; I haven't had time.

Choppaman, VANCE, Fiddleback and 3 others like this.
  5. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Glad you got it and like it Robbie! Good to hear from you too. Pics soon?

6. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
  7. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Pics are here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Your guys fit and finish seems to be really taking a hit with all the staying at home.... Those look rough!

Choppaman, VANCE, NOLA and 1 other person like this.
  9. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Did I miss the mystery batch?

Bmurray likes this.
  10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    No its a mystery until the knife is posted by the brave soul that claimed ot

Choppaman and Bmurray like this.
  11. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks, they are all looking so good, not sure if I missed it.

12. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Black ash Burl over orange! Camp 3v , Gaucho A2 , and my new loner in cpm154.

[​IMG]

13. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    That's a beautiful set of knives!

SLOsmokin likes this.
  14. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    BOOM!

15. JRTufts

JRTufts Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2020
    That’s some sweet Burl and an awesome set. :thumbsup::thumbsup: