NEW GLOCK 45 - Don't Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight

The actual name for that color is olive drab. It's reserved for high-speed low-drag operator types. It tells people who see you open-carrying in grocery stores that you're not to be trifled with. It's slightly more tacticool than carrying coyote brown in a non-desert setting but not as cool as Cerakote American Flag Camo with bleeding skulls, "Come and Take it!" in gold on the slide and matching "Molon Labe" pearl grips.

Last edited:
I like me some Glock but don't get the appeal of big grip + compact slide?

From what I heard it was designed for Law Enforcement. With the shorter slide it makes it more bearable while driving. Not having the longer slide of a 17 or 22 poking down in the seat. Still giving you full mag cap. I personally love mine. It balances like no other Glock I’ve fired.

With the price in premium hp ammo jacked up, I ditched all my 9mm pistols in favor of the .45
Ball ammo is still available (and cheap) and I put my faith in a .45 fmj vs a 9mm fmj. The 9mm needs that expansion you get with a hp bullet much more than the .45 does.
G21 for the win

I prefer the slide length, very easy and quick to draw, and I have extremely large hands so I appreciate the full size grip. It balances beautifully and shoots very well.

Nice gun. Congrats. I still prefer Glock in the mid to full size double stack arena (over sig p320 and Smith M&Ps that is). But the Sig P365 takes it in micro compact category (over g43 or shields). The green/black is cool looking. Thanks for the eye candy but u need a knife next to it.

Nice gun. Congrats. I still prefer Glock in the mid to full size double stack arena (over sig p320 and Smith M&Ps that is). But the Sig P365 takes it in micro compact category (over g43 or shields). The green/black is cool looking. Thanks for the eye candy but u need a knife next to it.

So noted!!

I'm jealous

I was not looking for one, but when I saw it pop up, I just jumped on it and got it from, of all places, "Sportsman's Guide" and used their four payment no-interest plan.

I think I'll keep this one stock, save for the sights. I aways replace those. Larry Vickers told me that he is convinced Glock puts the plastic things on their handguns as placeholders to protect the notches, until you can get real sights on it.

He was kidding, sort of, and I've used Glocks with stock sights for years as well. They get the job done, period. Kind of like the Glock.

But I prefer better iron sights.

Yes I immediately upgrade to night sights, extended slide catch and 3.5lb trigger connector. I keep it all Glock parts and great return on value. I don’t see the need to trick out a personal self defense Glock but that’s just me.

Heinie Straight 8 is the way to go.

eight.gif

These are my favorite aftermarket sights for my Glocks. I have a suppressor and like to have that option, plus, for reasons I'm never quite sure about, I shoot my Glock better with tall sights.

Ameriglos

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.18.12 AM.jpg

Isn't that similar to the 19X ? (the concept originated by Colt with the Commander)
I have medium size hands and the 19/23 grip is marginal in length for me.

Back