New Graham visit

I visited the New Graham pharmacy this past Sunday. It exceeded my expectations. I talked with Mike and another gentleman whose name I did not get. Both were knowledgeable, pleasant and patient. They have a nice selection of good stuff that is well displayed. New Graham is located a couple of miles off of I-77 at the West Virginia/Virginia border and is easy to get to. I spent about an hour and a half in the store mostly just looking and talking with the guys. I almost bought a Sebenza but just couldn’t quite do it. I did purchase a little something that I am sure I will enjoy. If you are passing through the area, it’s worth the time to stop and look around especially if, like me, you don’t see the higher quality blades up close very often. Also, I was told that the restaurant serves the best burgers in that part of the country. The restaurant is not open on Sunday though so keep that in mind if you plan to stop.

They are truly good people there, pleasant and informed. You never get a "huh?" when asking about a more obscure knife. They're my first call when knife-shopping. I've never been there, but what I've imagined matches what you describe.

Living in L.A., one has to be reminded that there's still pleasant folks in nice, quiet towns.

There are also my first call, when shopping for a knife. :) Better than excellent service is what I've had from Mike and Mary Beth.

Jeff/1911.

They're great. I just sent an e-mail telling them that. Terrific service, personal, reliable and quick! (Geez...I'm starting to sound like a commercial!)

Yeah, they're great. I ordered a knife and they sent me the wrong one, (honest mistake), and it was the 1st time I've dealt with them. I was a little skeptical at first, but they sent me the right knife, and had to go to a lot of effort to get it I might add, because they were all out of stock on it. Anyway, they sent me the right one, which tells me they're trustworthy, and combine that with their prices and speedy shipping and friendly, knowledgeable service, and you've got a first rate business. I will be ordering a knife (CUDA Dominator tanto combo edge) from them in the near future without any worries, which is very nice when ordering from the web.

Charlie

The one thing I'm curious about is that on their site, they show a picture of the bm 806d2 afck, and even though it says bt2 coated it doesn't look like it's black like all the others I've seen, and I'm wondering if the ones they actually sell are or not, as thats the next knife I plan to pick up (I'm hoping it is actually coated).

If anybody has any info on this I'd appreciate it (I can always e-mail them, but I thought I would mention it here since I'm in no hurry).

I'm lucky enough to live close to New Graham. Great place, and the burgers are yummy.

Lefty, I looked at three 806 models, all were bt2 coated. In fact that's what I bought while I was there.

Yup, I have so many of those little bandaid dispensers, you can't even tell what color my refrigerator is.

NGK is always my first stop when seeking new knives and gadgets.

agony said:
I'm lucky enough to live close to New Graham. Great place, and the burgers are yummy.

I'm lucky enough to not bee TOO close, otherwise I would be broke all the time.

One of my favorite things to do is drive up there and see in person lots of great knives and chat with the kind folks there.

And when it comes to purchasing, it is a real treat having the opportunity to select one from many different examples of the same model.

Chris

New Graham one is sociétée highly reliable, serious, at the price particuliérement atrayant, I am pleased with the purchases carried out on their premises :)

I'm looking at the 806 on their site, and it has an axis lock, so it isn't an 800. I would guess the primary grind on the knife doesn't look coated because of the camera flash or some other bright source of light.

Yep it was a bad pic camera flash, just fixed it though, You all getting me in trouble with the boss :p

You all might want to remember, We are having open house next Saturday the 14th. Come visit, grab a home cooked meal and stare at knives all day. (Sounds like a work day for me :)

NGK-Webmaster said:
Yep it was a bad pic camera flash, just fixed it though, You all getting me in trouble with the boss :p

You all might want to remember, We are having open house next Saturday the 14th. Come visit, grab a home cooked meal and stare at knives all day. (Sounds like a work day for me :)

Nice new pic. Thats one of the great things about these forums, is even the people from the sites that sell the knives take part, and are more then willing to clear small things like this up. whenever I get around to ordering one of these it'll be from you guys^^.

I just talked to Mary Beth today. Even though she was up to her curple in orders, she was her usual polite and cheerful self. I ordered that Dominator Tanto for myself for an early Christmas present. I could have gotten it a tiny bit little cheaper elsewhere, but I love dealing with New Graham. It's cold there today--I believe it's the highest town east of the Mississippi.

My first stop is always NGK, they are great people. My last order went on three different bills and was a little confusing, but they made sure they got it all right and the delivery was so speedy (as usual) that I kind of wonder if they have a big brown truck parked right outside all the time.

Hello.
I'll be in the new graham area very soon and was wondering if the store has a majority of the knives they sell on display? I don't live close to a knife shop so it would be cool to handle knives i've only seen on the web.

Thanks.

Don't know what they have on display, but I'm sure they'll bend over backwards to help. Mike's always been absolutely aces on the phone.

Back