1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New GSO 2.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Fancier, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I almost went for that one thinking I could do the same thing. According to the latest 2.7 update, my "pre-sale" 2.7 from July should be shipping in the next month or so. I decided to just wait.

The way it's looking these days, the GSO 12 ( which I want and NEED) will hit the secondary market just in time for my birthday in July of 2019.

2. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2014
    What was offered was more to my liking than what I ordered. I made a deal outside of the big auction site for about 30% less than what he was asking.

3. CanukMike

CanukMike

Dec 14, 2015
    Anyone get any shipping notices for 2.7's lately?

4. Poromenos

Poromenos

Nov 11, 2014
    Still waiting on july presale

5. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2014
    You would think considering that they were going to have them shipping the first couple of weeks of January according to the first Friday update. None for me from my July pre-sale

6. JTC3495

JTC3495 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Same here August presale, no info yet.

7. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    With all the good news in the First Friday update I'll bump this thread. How many of us have good preorder news to share?

I'm hoping our presale brothers aren't too far behind.

8. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Looks like I've got a preorder from August of '15 in transit :thumbup:

9. JTC3495

JTC3495 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 3, 2008
    My Aug 2015 preorder is due to be dropped off today. I can't wait to start using it.

10. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    This is amazing!!!!! Congratulations, guys!

Halestorm! Get your sexy self over here and tell us your July presale is on its way or in your hands!!

11. riverstalker

riverstalker

Jan 10, 2013
    2.7 shipped last week, now at customs. Thx Ellie and Guy !!!

12. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  13. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    My 2.7 was a July preorder, I want to say one of the last preorders. If I have mine and presale folks are getting theirs, then ALL preorders must be in customer hands, right? I'm thinking most presales are going out now, right?

This is a good news day!

14. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    My thoughts exactly. That one looks great, and the 20CV really takes any corrosion worry out of the equation, plus the steel makes sense in a blade this size. I think Guy's got a winner here in the small-blade department. Congrats bud.

15. Hale Storm

Sep 18, 2013
    GOD, I hope you're right!!!! I still don't have a shipping notice yet, in spite of being told 3 times on the phone since July when it would ship. The latest one was last week and of course it's Tuesday. I'm sure by now that MY 2.7 will be the absolute LAST one to get shipped out for reasons we are all aware of.

Silver, that is a thing of beauty right there. Nice pics. I think mine is black linen micarta. I hope it has some texture since it WILL end up with blood and various other animal fluids on it.

16. Hale Storm

Sep 18, 2013
    I wish I could my friend. I have a need to do some work in the shop, if I ever get it put back together at the new house. First order of business will be new pants for my S!K's.

I'm living a daily existence right now wanting to be in the woods, the water, or the shop. Neither can happen until I get the old house ready to sell and on the market (end of this month). Then build the new shop and WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'll be back where I belong.

17. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    WTF?! I thought for sure you'd have yours by now! I'm confident there isn't any intentional blackballing going on, but depending on materials and options sometimes things don't go out in perfect numerical order. Keep us posted.

It sounds like a lot of work right now with everything you're juggling, but man that will be quite a pay off when everything is settled.

18. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    There are a few final preorders that needed finished up before we can start pumping those GSO-2.7 presale orders out.

19. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Hello Ellie girl!

20. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    Hello! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I've been lurking around but haven't had a chance to sit down and really interact.