New gun rigs

Robert H

Premium Sheathmaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A few of the recent creations that have left the shop:

Glock 45/10mm Optimist with M3 light, secondary full size mag over compact 45/10mm
DSC01706.jpg

Glock 27 with second mag/J frame combo on offside.

DSC01704.jpg

Beretta 92 with dual mag and Benchmade Stryker Auto.

DSC01830.jpg

Universal 1911 in OD Green with Leatherman Wave mag combo.

DSC01681.jpg

My Series 70 saw that and is whining about wanting a new home.

I do have a 220 and a 1911. :D

BADASS ROB!! Soon as I make myself an FB, I want you to make me one of those 1911 rigs!!:eek::cool::thumbup:

I'll do one up. I have a double rig with spare mag I can take.

As requested, some shots of how it rides.

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02083-1.jpg

That last shot shows the advantage of the back strap.

FWIW, just as a 'kudos' to the artist or a testimonial to his work, I received my second SurvivalSheath shoulder rig this week; a dual-gun rig for glock 26's. And as before, the work is top-notch.

Thanks for a great product. :)

Excellent, John! Thank you!

Finally got to play with & adjust the new rig today.

09-13-08102.jpg

Robert's pull-thru holster design is a god-send for glocks in shoulder holsters imo. I was a fan of the old Alessi Bodyguard pull-thru rig and had one for J-frames a long time ago, but since switching to glocks, no joy on a pull-thru design.

Until SurvivalSheath. :thumbup:

Sweet, John! Do you double fist those guys? Ever do a little John Woo action?

At close range it's doable.

...At close range it's doable.

Not by me, unfortunately. :(

I’m fortunate in that I’m naturally left-handed, but originally learned to shoot right-handed when shooting PPC revolver back in the 70’s. So I do shoot either-handed, and qualify master either handed at the ridiculously-easy state-mandated course the dept has us run once a year, but while I can shoot right or left handed, I can’t shoot right AND left handed, hardly at all.

(And don’t take that ‘master’ thing as a brag. It really is a stupid-easy course; based on the old revolver-oriented dept qualifications of decades ago. Six shots two-handed at twenty-five yards to begin, then the remaining 44 shots at ranges from two to fifteen yards. It’s silly but mandated. Anybody who can’t qualify on that course probably shouldn’t be trusted with a dinner fork in public, much less a handgun.)

Not to drift or hijack too much, since this is really a knife forum, but to clarify lest someone think I have delusions of being Rambo or the terminator. The reasons I like a two-gun shoulder holster setup are multiple, and imo, reasonable. First, it lets me arm someone else if appropriate and if time allows. Fully half the guys in my dept (rural sheriff dept – 18 total deputies) don’t carry off-duty; and additionally my sons are old enough and shoot enough that I like the idea of being able to arm one of them if need be. There’s also the ‘second gun is the fastest reload’ concept.

But a real advantage I’ve found to two identical guns in a shoulder rig is concealability; or maybe ‘camouflage’ is a better word. Fact is, most of the time I carry the two G26’s under a tucked-in, one-size-large dress shirt, and having both sides be symmetrical makes it hide better than having a gun on just one side. I used to carry a small .45 auto in a Ken Null SMZ this same way, but the fact is (with a good holster setup at least), concealing two under a shirt works better than concealing one under a shirt.

This likely wouldn’t work for everyone, but I’m somewhat of an oaf, 6’3” with a 50” chest, 38” waist, and 37” sleeve length; so I have an admitted advantage when it comes to concealing a shoulder rig than a lot of guys do.

Sorry, rambling… Regardless, definitely happy with your product. :)

That's an excellent post, John. :thumbup:

I am extremely fortunate to have some great friends in the active duty shooting community. One of whom has beat me over the head enough to make me practice shooting with both hands (not at the same time) but so I have proficiency with both hands and both eyes.

I have found that at close range, up to a few yards, I can put the vast majority of both magazines into the A zone at the same time, or shoot one empty then the other.

Like anything else it's just training training training. He makes me do it with rifles to. It gets to be work, which then no longer becomes fun. :D

Back