1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New GunHammer on it's way....

Discussion in 'Darrel Ralph (DDR) Custom Knives & DRT Tactical' started by dbla, Jul 16, 2012.

1. dbla

dbla Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Alright guys,

Well I had to back out of the forum blade, but I did just order a S30V Gunny with the Bowie DLC blade and FDE handles. Pretty pumped. Hopefully I can get in on the next forum exclusive. It's assisted, I hear from people that the assisted knives are....robust.... this true? Anyone got a vidja of one opening?

2. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Robust is understatement. Hold on to it so it doesn't fly out. Also, don't let people handle it that have never handled an assisted knife before. It will most likely end up on the ground or stabbing you in the foot (or their foot).

3. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    Yes, I intend on carrying a smaller EDC with it so I can hand that off to people who "need to borrow a knife real quick"

4. neuron

neuron Moderator Moderator

Apr 18, 2010
    Yeah, the kick on the assisted HTM Gunhammers is definitely the strongest I've every encountered.

5. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    [​IMG]

There ya go :D I'm used to death gripping after EDCing a Gunny for as long as I have, but you can see what can happen...

6. dbla

Jan 10, 2012

Ughhh sooo sweet.... I'll be spamming refresh on the shipping tracking all week....

7. Darrel Ralph

Darrel Ralph Moderator Moderator

Dec 14, 1998
    Dbla,
    We are looking forward to your receiving the knife.

YA-WHO!!

8. dbla

Jan 10, 2012

Hey! Thanks Darrel, it's cool that you chime in from time to time. Meanwhile I'll be peeking through the blinds waiting for the mail man!

9. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    Knife got here, however I had ordered one with the FDE handles and the one that I received was black handled. Contacted Knife Center, and they're UPSing me the correct one, should have it by Monday. Apparently they had a bunch that were in the wrong boxes (i.e. black in the FED boxes) oh well. I can stare at this black handled one while I wait for the FDE to arrive.

10. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    Well that sucks. Enjoy the wait, man. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when the correct one arrives.

11. TheBleedingEdge

TheBleedingEdge

Apr 14, 2010
    Gunhammers have serious kick. But they're satisfying to open, and they're built like Abrams tanks.

12. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    Yup, now I'm just trying to resist the urge to carry the one with the wrong color scales till the right one gets to me..... Urrgghhh

13. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Was that one of the M390 version? Shame you got the wrong color. Was looking forward to some pron.

14. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    No the S30V one... Knife Center is hooking it up though so no worries. Like I said apparenty wrong knives were in the wrong boxes, according to KC.

15. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    So... what's the ETA? I'm dying to hear what you think :D

16. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    It's in Nashville, just not out for delivery. I'm guessing Monday. Resisting the urge to call and see if I can go pick it up, also don't need the mocking that would bring from the wife. Have really enjoyed fondling the black one. Showed my dad and he likes it too. Wanted to know how much it was, nearly had a heart attack when I told him.

17. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Good thing it wasn't a custom, or a custom Hinderer, or something :D

Me, I'd be going out to pick it up right now. I just drove to the post office to get my HI Manjushree, in fact. They'd had a mixup, however, and it was out for delivery.

18. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    I actually just called, they won't let me! The jerks! I guess their service center doesn't allow pickups on the weekends. W/E.

Funny thing is, I just sold a gun in favor of buying some knives and now I'm trying to decide...Also think I'm gonna get an Edgepro, these Gunhammers need a mirror bevel.

19. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Or a Wicked Edge. Or paper wheels. All kinds of great options for making your Gunny ridiculously sharp.

20. dbla

Jan 10, 2012
    Yup, just think (from the research which I'm doing now) that the EP is probably the most bang for your buck. Wicked Edge looks "easier" but you also get less stones for the same price.