- Apr 5, 2000
I started my new project yesterday. I took the handle off an old BAS blem. The keeper and buttcap came off with a little chisel and file work. I stuck the handle in a coffee can full of boiling water. It was about 5 below zero so it took about an hour to get the water boiling. I was glad I did this outside, especially when the laha started to melt, the kamis do a good job squeezing that skunk smell into the handle. I cleaned off the tang, and started to do a little blade re-profiling. I still have the hard part ahead of me. I have to find a nive piece of timber and shape it. I haven't decided if I want to do any carving or just leave it plane. I will keep you guys up to date on the project. Take it easy everyone. Happy Holidays.