New Heavy Warthog

Thanks for posting that hoss, I went to go look that up on youtube but then got distracted and completely forgot. That is definitely a cool video. I wonder how welding that extra material impacted the heat treat? Looks cool though.

Well the guy says he's a knifemaker so I would think he'd be smart enough to take precautions to keep it from reaching the edge, which is the important part. As long as the handle doesn't become super brittle it should be fine.

i love they way the warthog looks and these re-handle jobs are fantastic work congrats guys!

It's Scott Williams! He is a great guy. I have never even thought about something like that...I wonder how strong it is :p

I doubt i could break it. That is one BA MoFo. KaBar should take the hint & make a full width, full tang version as well. WartHog 2.0.

I doubt i could break it. That is one BA MoFo. KaBar should take the hint & make a full width, full tang version as well. WartHog 2.0.

Actually the Heavy Warthog is the 4th warthog I know of. 5th is you count the tanto version on the warthog folder. I'd probably crap my pants with glee if Ka-Bar would stick the heavy warthog blade on the becker handle.

I wanna try what Scott did, but make it with a becker handle. Or just make a whole new knife with the warthog blade and becker handle.

Agreed that would be bad ass. You could even throw some factory micarta on it after. Makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Back