New Higonokami

Every year I like to treat myself to a Christmas gift of a new knife. I am a big fan of traditional Japanese knives and will pick one up if funds permit. Santa came today dressed as a USPS delivery person with an EMS package from Seki-City. Here's what was inside:

higonokami4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This one blends traditional with more modern features like a liner lock:

higonokami3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Higonokami1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here it is in the hand to demonstrate size:

higonokami2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking.

I really like that it is a liner lock, that is really neat and with the tang it must easy to open.

Really like the fusion of modern and traditional. Are the rest of your Japanese blades similarly designed?

O

I don't have any Japanese traditional knives. Can you tell us a bit more about the finish of the knife? Also curious about what brand it is. Thank you.

I've seen these before and have always been tempted to try one out. Just a bit too pricey for me. Yours looks like a great knife, I love the materials and the shape of the blade.

Outstanding looking knife mate everything about it screams carry me.

-Keith

Thanks folks. In reply to some of your questions. Description of materials according to the vendor: "AUS-8 core forge layered Stainless Damasus blade with thumb opening lever, , 4-1/4" Hand rounded Snakewood handle with thumb notched stainless steel Liner lock device and lanyard hole on end"
The brand stamped on the blade is "Hikari"
higonokami5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Ocellatus, the only other Japanese folders I have are higonokami as described by Arathol with simple folded brass handle.
I have a few handforged/layered Takeshi Saji fixed blades such as this one:
IMG_0788.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I fell in love with traditional Japanese blades after a work-related visit to Tokyo a number of years ago.
Thanks everybody for your interest!

Very Nice.:thumbup: I really like that blade, Snakewood is nice too. Great present to yourself.

Back