new HTM stuff! pics inside

2a7d1et.jpg

105nodu.jpg

9qeiau.jpg

iy067c.jpg

Good stuff! I'm guessing the Blackie Collins tribute tanto is assisted opening (given that Blackie, among other innovations, came up with assisted opening)?

That Blackie Collins knife at the top is absolutely amazing looking. Oh my gosh that's cool. How much?

Also, that Gun Hammer I'm assuming is automatic, but it looks very close to how an AXIS lock Gun Hammer would, I imagine. There's my dream knife, honestly.

AXIS lock, moku ti-3D machined and anodized handles, manual maxx glide (or even AO), M390/damascus san mai blade, malachite inlay, torpedo blade (or maybe a persian).

Of course, that may change since Darrel keeps innovating constantly.

AXIS lock, moku ti-3D machined and anodized handles, manual maxx glide (or even AO), M390/damascus san mai blade, malachite inlay, torpedo blade (or maybe a persian).
Change the AXIS lock to a titanium framelock, and I'll take one too. :p

The chances of an AXIS Lock DDR knife are pretty much nil -- I can't see BM licensing it for use by anyone else, and even if they were at all open to it, the cost and hassle would surely be prohibitive just for a few custom knives. But Blackie Collins's Bolt Action Lock works (and is manipulated) pretty similarly to the AXIS Lock. Given that Blackie was close with Darrel and had a number of Meyerco collaborations (as well as the forthcoming HTM tribute folder pictured in the OP), you might be able to convince Darrel to do something with the Bolt Action Lock on a custom. :)

Geez neuron, crush my dreams why don't you. :p

I'll have to look into the bolt action lock. I know pretty much nothing about it.

-edit- Actually, that might do nicely. I'll take one of those :)

I'll have to look into the bolt action lock. I know pretty much nothing about it.

-edit- Actually, that might do nicely. I'll take one of those :)
Yeah, I wouldn't know much about it either if Spyderco hadn't used it on the Sage 3. But I liked it on that knife, and I'm sure it'd be even better on a DDR custom.

Oh man, a Bolt Action Lock custom Hunhammer Radian with Damascus w/ M390 core blade that is heavily stonewashed with Ti scales that are GunKoted OD Green with Maxx Glide manual pivot for smooth flipping. There I said it.

Back