Test ad

New idea for Fletcher Knives

Alright Dylan I gots you an idea. Lets all face it you started young enough and have excelled greatly in the short time that you have been doing this gig. So eventually you know you are going to have to make a folder...........Right. Nod your head up and down in the yes manner. So I was thinking . My Xikar VX V-cut cigar cutter just came in the mail and I had to go out and smoke me a stogie since I had to cut one. This is your new thing man. A custom cutter. You know you want to do it, and yes I know you can cut with your custom cutters that you already make but everyone always looked at me funny at the B& M when I pull out my blade and put my vcut in the stick. So whatdaya think? I'm almost certain you can pull it off. We will talk about it more at Blade. See you there.

awc

Alright Dylan I gots you an idea. Lets all face it you started young enough and have excelled greatly in the short time that you have been doing this gig. So eventually you know you are going to have to make a folder...........Right. Nod your head up and down in the yes manner. So I was thinking . My Xikar VX V-cut cigar cutter just came in the mail and I had to go out and smoke me a stogie since I had to cut one. This is your new thing man. A custom cutter. You know you want to do it, and yes I know you can cut with your custom cutters that you already make but everyone always looked at me funny at the B& M when I pull out my blade and put my vcut in the stick. So whatdaya think? I'm almost certain you can pull it off. We will talk about it more at Blade. See you there.

f u. If Dylan makes one of those I'll have to get one... been looking at the xikars for a while, but they just aren't quite special enough.

ohh well, just one more thing to save up for; darned student income doesn't let me buy nearly enough knives and paraphernalia that I might wish to buy.

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
I'm actually very glad to see you guys discussing this. As most of you know, I am a big cigar smoker myself. I have been dreaming of cigar cutters for about 4 or 5 months now. I spoke to a few cigar cutter makers that just happened to be in my local shop one day, and oddly enough, they all started out as hobby knifemakers and then tried cigar cutters as a little side project. Low and behold, there was enough market (which I already knew, being a custom cutter owner myself) that they were able to do it regularly. I already have a couple of simple designs. Those guys were very hepful in explaining the mechanics of some of the stuff they do. I do hope to do some prototypes at some point before the end of the year. So, as I "nod my head up and down in the yes manner", I do indeed plan on making some.

I'm actually very glad to see you guys discussing this. As most of you know, I am a big cigar smoker myself. I have been dreaming of cigar cutters for about 4 or 5 months now. I spoke to a few cigar cutter makers that just happened to be in my local shop one day, and oddly enough, they all started out as hobby knifemakers and then tried cigar cutters as a little side project. Low and behold, there was enough market (which I already knew, being a custom cutter owner myself) that they were able to do it regularly. I already have a couple of simple designs. Those guys were very hepful in explaining the mechanics of some of the stuff they do. I do hope to do some prototypes at some point before the end of the year. So, as I "nod my head up and down in the yes manner", I do indeed plan on making some.

I call dibs on being a tester! Oh btw where or who did you get your cutter from. You can PM me the answer as not to hurt future biz.:):thumbup: Oh and make sure you make a v-cut cutter. If just for me :thumbup:

Fletcher Knives

I call dibs on being a tester! Oh btw where or who did you get your cutter from. You can PM me the answer as not to hurt future biz.:):thumbup: Oh and make sure you make a v-cut cutter. If just for me :thumbup:

It's some German guy. I can't remember the name. I'll try to remember to find it when I get home.

OK got a nother one for you. You are a self proclaimed kydex king, what da think about a cigar case. 3 finger maybe two. ???

Fletcher Knives

OK got a nother one for you. You are a self proclaimed kydex king, what da think about a cigar case. 3 finger maybe two. ???

Honestly, I doubt I will take on that task. I just got through finding a way out of having to do kydex sheaths. I'm not really wanting to get myself back into that stuff.