New Imacasa machetes in the house!

3 new Imacasas just arrived! I'm pretty excited about these guys. The new ones are the two on the bottom, and the 18 incher with the sticker still on it. Crazy cool! I'll come back and write more, I have to run my wife to the airport real quick.

Cheers, y'all!
zzimacasas2.jpg

zzimacasas1.jpg

Look at that Burriquito! (the cartoonishly fat one) SUPAH CHOPPAH!!!!!! The thing is almost 1/2 as wide as it is long (14" x 6.5") Oh yeah!

Last edited:
Nice lil' collection there:D How thick are those running (especially the long ones)?

I wanna hear about that sword on the far left. Dish it!:D

That's the Imacasa 28" Guarazima- monster machete! It's a beast. Long, quite flexible, and fairly heavy. :thumbup: The hook on the end of the handle is there for a reason- without it, that thing could get away from you pretty easily. Against light vines, grasses and such, there aren't many blades out there that can match it. Too heavy to swing for very long though, unless you're Hercules. The funky "paddle" shaped machete is a 22" Colima. It's double-edged and weighted out at the end. Slash and burn, baby!

Nice lil' collection there:D How thick are those running (especially the long ones)?

Don't quote me on these, I'm eyeballing these measurements, but I think most of them are around 2mm at the hilt. Most of them taper down to somewhere between 1 to 1.5mm. They're a little bit thicker and stiffer than Tramontinas, but not as thick and heavy as Ontarios. Just right. :thumbup: Did I mention that they TAPER? :eek: Pretty unusual for modern-day machetes. The super-wide Burriquito is the thickest of the lot. I believe it's around 3mm, and doesn't taper. That thing's gonna be one hell of a chopper when I get a good edge on it. It makes a Battle Mistress look like a small knife. :D Weighs about the same as a FBMLE- but the blade is 4" longer, has more than 4" more belly, and is about 1/3 as thick. Oh yes, it's gonna chop. :D I can't wait to get it into the woods.

Last edited:
That fat one could double as a shovel.

I like the one above the fat one. Looks like a good packing machete.

Thanks, moonwilson!:thumbup:
Awesome looking bush knives.
I have to have one of those beastly "sword" lookin' machetes.:cool: What fun!:D

. The super-wide Burriquito is the thickest of the lot. I believe it's around 3mm, and doesn't taper. That thing's gonna be one hell of a chopper when I get a good edge on it. It makes a Battle Mistress look like a small knife. :D Weighs about the same as a FBMLE- but the blade is 4" longer, has more than 4" more belly, and is about 1/3 as thick. Oh yes, it's gonna chop. :D I can't wait to get it into the woods.

You forgot to mention you could get about 24 of them for the price of one Battle Mistress. :D:thumbup:

Really sweet to hear that a lot of them taper! Can't wait to get my hands on the Colima, Burriquito, and 14" Pata de Cuche. Our tastes in machetes are eerily similar. Hopefully Cam can find out whatever that big choppy beast that Joe has, too. He thinks it might be a discontinued model though. :(

Oh, and for those machete-haters out there--Imacasa makes axes too! :p

Back