New Integral?

AF

I saw the photo and short vid from IWA on Instagram picturing a new integral model.
I've never owned an integral and perhaps this could be the one.
Any more info on it?

I saw the photo and short vid from IWA on Instagram picturing a new integral model.
I've never owned an integral and perhaps this could be the one.
Any more info on it?

This was the only integral I saw from Reate - was this it?

M390 blade
Designer by David Deng's brother Jack - or Solo Jack as he calls himself.

Damn...that's sexy. I don't have an integral in the collection yet;)

~Chip

I really like everything about the look of that knife...except the blade shape. Not sure if it's a deal breaker for me; but I'm sure a lot of people will love it.

Simply stunning. The only integral I have is an integral aluminum. Sr1a from Lionsteel.

Personally I wouldn’t get an integral that runs on bearings just cause that makes it almost impossible to get the blade back in when you pull it out. Atleast with washer models you can still make a washer/blade/washer sandwitch and stick it back in.

I like the blade shape for the most part. Not sure about the double swoop on the spine but I like everything else.
Most integrals that I can think of do run on bearings. I watched a dissassembly video of one and the reassembly was a piece of cake.

That looks really good. I very much liked Solo Jack's other designs, especially the Torrent, I think he's got the best design aesthetic of any of Reate's designers who aren't collaborators.

I really like everything about the look of that knife...except the blade shape. Not sure if it's a deal breaker for me; but I'm sure a lot of people will love it.
I hate tactical blades and too thick behind the edge of which this is both. But it looks nice as a full package. Nick Shabazz said Reate makes nice handles but not blades... I could say the same about ZT... But yea.. It's what Reate and there designers do. It's probably what sells.

Simply stunning. The only integral I have is an integral aluminum. Sr1a from Lionsteel.

Personally I wouldn’t get an integral that runs on bearings just cause that makes it almost impossible to get the blade back in when you pull it out. Atleast with washer models you can still make a washer/blade/washer sandwitch and stick it back in.

Most if not all integrals have no issues servicing. I have zero issues with the lionsteel integral that I have and nick Shabazz had zero issues with the one he did on his channel.

I hate tactical blades and too thick behind the edge of which this is both. But it looks nice as a full package. Nick Shabazz said Reate makes nice handles but not blades... I could say the same about ZT... But yea.. It's what Reate and there designers do. It's probably what sells.

Most if not all integrals have no issues servicing. I have zero issues with the lionsteel integral that I have and nick Shabazz had zero issues with the one he did on his channel.

Are you talkng about the sr11? (Bearings) My Sr1 and I believe all of that family come on washers.

My issue is with servicing integral knives with bearings due to how the bearings roll around as you try to put the blade back in as a bearing/blade/bearing sandwitch.

Are you talkng about the sr11? (Bearings) My Sr1 and I believe all of that family come on washers.

My issue is with servicing integral knives with bearings due to how the bearings roll around as you try to put the blade back in as a bearing/blade/bearing sandwitch.
Yea had no issues with bearings on my tm1 or the one in nicks video. It's easy as pie.

Sure you have to hold it like a sandwich and you may have to try a time or two... But I got it in on first try no problem.

My problem was Teflon washers in an integral.

Yea had no issues with bearings on my tm1 or the one in nicks video. It's easy as pie.

Sure you have to hold it like a sandwich and you may have to try a time or two... But I got it in on first try no problem.

My problem was Teflon washers in an integral.

I never knew the tm1 was an integral. To be honest my concern was purely theoretical since I have never owned an integral with bearings.

Imagine an integral with IKBS loose (uncaged) bearings. I don’t think there would be a way to get that back together.

I never knew the tm1 was an integral. To be honest my concern was purely theoretical since I have never owned an integral with bearings.

Imagine an integral with IKBS loose (uncaged) bearings. I don’t think there would be a way to get that back together.
Yea for sure ikbs would suck lol. Though not impossible. A little oil or grease can hold the balls in the track, but the wrong move and one or more can drop out. I don't think any makers are nuts enough to make an integral ikbs.

TM1 is a favorite of mine. I hate the massive amounts of voids in the carbon but they also have it in micarta which is also very nice. Being a lockback it can be a bit tricky to get it back together but getting the bearings in was easy.

I would assume the Benchmade anthem would be the simplest integral to maintain. Just assuming cause I don't have one yet.

But overall most integrals have a track in the blade where the bearings recess into. And you just slide it in with the blade in the middle. Then pop the pivot in and good to go if everything is lined up.

I take all those reviewers opinions with a grain of salt - unless they actually put a knife through a full physical workout like Cold Steel does. Nick Shabazz, EpicSnuggleBunny, Doctor Frunkey etc only give their mostly non-objective opinions. Most of the time when Nick Shabazz shows knives from his own collection, they are the Spyderco Delica and a giant Norseman. Most of the time I can't take him seriously. I've yet to see any of those guys even cut paper with their test knives.

You buy what you like and if it's not for you then sell it and move on. You have enough brains to make up your own mind I'm sure?

The modified Harpoon blade that's on this Reate knife is hardly tactical. Unless all you buy is Swiss Army knives?

Here's a folder from Kizer I would classify as tactical (it does come from Mikkel Willumsen Tactical so I guess that means it is tactical). I can easily slice a nectarine into slices as fine as tissue paper with it. Too thick for fine cutting - hardly although it might look like it. And neither are Reate's blades. Don't write off tactical blades just because they look tactical.....or some self appointed expert on YouTube says they are no good....

Last edited:
Back