New Kabars

I saw that Kabar has made a new Marine knife with a partially serrated blade. Those of you that like and use the old style smooth blade, given the chance would you like to have the new style?

------------------
Improvise, adapt, and overcome. Words to live by.

While I cannot discount the utility of serrations, I prefer the plain edge versions. I have carried a Kabar for years and love them, but I do like the newer handles better.

I've carried a K-BAR for a number of years and have used it extensively in the Field with my Marine MP unit. Some of the Marines bought the Next Generation K-bar and I used it briefly. I really liked the Kraton handle but the bead blast finish isn't really tactical. The price isn't bad at around $80 but for a field knife I prefer something cheaper in case I break it. Anyways, if you want serrations and a good price, you can buy an old k-bar with serrations too.

I like serrations only on smaller or folding knives. Besides that, the Marine Ka-Bar is such a part of history I prefer to have my Ka-Bars (regardless of the maker) the same way they were when my brother Marines landed on Iwo Jima 10 years before I was born... just my personal preference.

Mike

Back