new kami = Yuvraj

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Posting this pic for Yangdu...

Everybody give a warm welcome to Yuvraj - the youngest brother of Sher

attachment.php

Welcome!

Welcome and glad to have you aboard. Now there are more knives I've got to buy. LOL. C'est la vie.

Welcome! I like that knife. Hopefully one like it will show up soon.
Terry

Good to see. He's the swing vote between any disagreement Sher and Kumar have. The power broker.

On a serious note, I can't wait to see his work. Thanks to Dan for posting the picts. He's always helping Yangdu and HI and the forum.

munk

Welcome Yuvraj!

It is good to see the arts of the kami's being passed on and maintained.

We'll look forward to seeing your work.

Welcome Yuvraj.

Do do my part, today I bought the Tij Dhar of yours that Yangdu offered yesterday.

According to my searches that is the 3rd Tij Dhar of yours offered and the 5th knife of yours offered by Yangdu.

I guess I like stats.

Eric.

ps. Yes, I know I complained about spending money on the deals thread. That was just a joke. :)

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your work.

Whoa!! I just noticed in the background on the bulletin board the blade idea that I had posted here a few months ago! It is on the far left on the bottom! Awesome!:eek:

Here it is,

chit_companion1.jpg

sogguy said:
Yuvraj, welcome. What is your symbol (mark) going to be?

Dick

I have the R-9 by him. His mark kind of looks like a carrot or a torch. I haven't figured out how to make the new cam my wife bought work its magic or i would take a pic of it. He does VERY good work. His finish isn't quite up to Kumar's level, but i did a very ugly etch on the R-9. From tip to choil it was hardened evenly from where the edge tapers from the flat all the way to the edge itself. Look out guys, we have a real pro coming up:eek:

Welcome Yuvraj:D

Jake

welcome! ... can't wait to see your work (and if it looks like the picture above, well ... you already have a fan :) ),

Wonder what the knife on the far right of the pic is. Looks kind of like a YCS Karda but slightly difft. Looks interesting.:thumbup:

Welcome! Great to see new guys coming in with new ideas, designs and the same great skills we have become accustomed to. Looking forward to my first "Yuvraj" knife. (Someone has been looking at a Cold Steel Vaquero! :))

BTW, my first knife from one of the new Kami's came a while back, the R5 by new shop foreman Raj Chhetri. I can say without hesitation that it is the finest little knife I have seen from HI. I think it was $65, and in any knife show anywhere it would easily sell for $150 at a minimum. The flame colored chandan and fitted sheath didn't hurt either. I count myself very lucky that I was able to get it, esp. as I have not been buying many knives lately. That's mostly because I have many of the models being offered, but the HI slowdown because of Nepal troubles hasn't helped either.

(Hope Yangdu is hanging in there!) I look forward to some more "10 knife" deals of the day, as it helps everyone, new kamis, HI as a whole, and the Forum and customers included.

Norm

Welcome!

I hope the kami skill is genetic!

Yuvraj, we're glad to meet you. Big ol' handshake!

and that bulletin board is very interesting...

Mike

Back