1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New Kershaw Finishes and Designs for 2014.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by chester22, Jan 15, 2014.

1. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    I'll Let the pics do the Talking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No ETA for these knives and As these are pre productions things can change.

Thanks and God Bless!

2. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    So, Kershaw isn't making full sized, USA made (aside from the Leek) folding knives any more?... ;)

I'd like to see more models that are using better steel than 8cr at least.

3. Patralex1788

Patralex1788

Jan 20, 2012
    So far I'm interested in the Camber and the Strobe, possibly the cryo with the g10 scale.

4. XiaolongJackson

XiaolongJackson

Jun 5, 2012
    Amplitude and Nura look good. Wish the Amplitude wasn't Speedsafe though. Also hope the Nura is lefty friendly.

5. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    I don't think great knife makers like Hinderer, RJ Martin, Rexford and Dmirity would put there names on knives if they thought they were subpar quality. I've owned many Import Kershaws and have been blown away with them. I can't wait for the Nura and Manifold.

6. Ryouchijtx

Ryouchijtx Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2011
    After seeing the new models for 2014 I was a bit confused about the 'Lifter 1302BW' considering it looks strikingly if not nearly identical to a knife called the 'District 9 knife' that from as far as I could tell when it surfaced was an original design. After KAI having designs imitated and ripped from them I'm interested to know if they bought the design plans for this knife as well.

7. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Thistle works.

8. EDCanAdamas

EDCanAdamas

Sep 8, 2013
    I love how Kershaw makes such a variety. Some of those knives look good (Cryo G-10 & Thistle) and others are just strange (Ember and Lifter). To each his own.

9. jjoanty01

jjoanty01

Jun 2, 2011
    I wonder if Kershaw will be selling just the G-10 scale for the Cryo?

10. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H. Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Thistle and Strobe for me. Can't wait till these are out. :thumbup:

11. RissyQuicks

RissyQuicks

Jul 29, 2013
    any idea if some of these assisted opening knives can be made into manuals? I like a lot of their designs (cryo, ember, amplitude)

12. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Same here. I do see some That look good.

13. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    Seeing as they haven't done that for any other of there knives I doubt it.

14. bad_juju

bad_juju

Jun 7, 2011
    Last time I checked there were quite a few USA made Kershaw's?

15. celtic11

celtic11

Dec 28, 2012
    I see new variations of the leek, blur, and knockout. All USA made. The Camber is a new design, USA made.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  16. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    I'm really liking that Blackwash Blur, it's cool. The Leek is also a very nice piece, in any configuration. It's one of the very best knives ever made, there I said it....anybody wanna fight about it? I'm interested in trying the Siege as well, it's going to be a Kershaw and ZT year for sure.

17. I will be buying:

Nura 3.0
    BW Cryo
    CQC-6K
    Thistle
    Ember

I ordered a Nura 3.0 on the KAI site--they sent an email saying it would ship in....wait for it...

18. ...wait for it...

only 4 (No, FOUR) weeks!

19. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    I guess you didn't see the winky face... That was indicative of sarcasm. :D;)

True, however, what I see here is a page of budget offerings, something a little bit more high end would be nice... Just my opinion though.

The blur, leek, knockout etc are fine knives and it's nice to.see them continuing to be made. I just was left feeling underwhelmed at seeing new versions of the same old knives offered in a slightly different format as well as a lack of larger higher end folders ... Unless I've missed.some. :foot:

20. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Czech, the ZT side of the yard delivers plenty O' goodies.