New knife idea - Folding Machete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RYP and Team,

How about a folding machete to round out the knife range. This could use the locking mechanism that is in the Hest folder. The best design was done by the Airforce in WWII as the Folding Survival Machete using an Indonesian Kwalang style with a rounded handle that lets the knife do the work with a quick wrist action from the user.
This folding design would follow RYPs minimalist packing style and would not look so scary that customs sighting it would immediately bring on the latex gloves.....

post-56-1196186478.jpg

(Pic curtesy of usmilitariaforum.com)
ph-0.jpg

I use mine and have taken it across some scary borders without a hick-up so I can vouch for the design.

So how about it ?

that would look sweet coupled with our collapsable RPG and inflatable Jeep!. I am pretty sure that customs would like to look at that. My advice (as always) is to not carry a machete but pick one up in the country you arrive in They sell them along with other agriculture implements.

My advice (as always) is to not carry a machete but pick one up in the country you arrive in They sell them along with other agriculture implements.

This is very true. I spent quite a bit of time on TDY in various parts of Africa, SE Asia and S America. You could buy a decent machete in virtually any village for less than the price of a McDonald's Happy Meal in the USA.

LMAO! I never would of thought that a folding machete would of existed, but I was wrong. The finny thing is, on the ESEE forum not long ago there was a thread about a folding machete someone said Jeff should make with some pretty good photoshop pics. Like the blade folding in half and being held together by duct tape, a door hinge, all types of crazy shit! Come to realize there actually is a real one. WOW, I love it!!

I woulden't feel comfortable wacking stuff with a collapsable machete.

I saw/held one of these years ago in a real Army/Navy store. Looks real different but, I felt it would be more dangerous to the user than anything else and passed on buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back