1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New Knife movie: Seraphim Falls

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Cyblade, May 24, 2007.

1. Cyblade

Cyblade

Aug 16, 2001
    This movie is set after the civil war with Pierce Brosnan being chased by Liam Neeson for reasons you dont find out till much later. Brosnan uses a nice big recurve stag handled bowie which looks like a muela to survive in the wilderness while being chased and to take out his pursures. The big knife is seen on him or in his hands in almost 90% of the shots with him. It's a good movie even if the ending does get alittle odd.

2. illumination

illumination

Nov 21, 2005
    Awesome movie!!! Awesome knife!!!

(yes the ending is a bit odd...has a lot of interesting religious symbolism)

3. oregon

oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    If you want to see how to start a fire in the woods when your life is on the line if you fail then watch this brutal chase/survival movie.

Oh yea, the knife, it flies in the face of the saying "don't take a knife to a gun fight."

oregon

4. Gossman Knives

Gossman Knives Edged Toolmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 9, 2004
    Great movie with awesome scenery. I too felt the ending was strange.
    Scott

5. Miketm

Miketm

Oct 29, 2001
    I think the ending was atypical which made me like the movie that much more. The blade was nice. The stag handle seemed to fit his hand perfectly and he actually looked like he carried the knife all his life. I enjoyed the movie.

6. Troop

Troop

Oct 26, 2006
    The most "awesome scenery" part was the Bowie. ;)

7. texasboy

texasboy

May 23, 2007
    I just saw the movie last night. It was great. I agree with troop.

8. 1whitefoot

1whitefoot

Sep 24, 2005
    Great movie

Who made the knife?

9. Grappler1911

Grappler1911 Banned BANNED

May 20, 2003
    Agreed great knife,great movie,great way to start a fire.
    Anyone know who made that knife?
    I WANT one.
    Bad!

10. DreamHawk

DreamHawk

Oct 2, 2006
    Yep, AWESOME movie. I too saw a lot of religious symbolism in it. LOVE that knife!!

11. Cyblade

Cyblade

Aug 16, 2001
  12. stevekt

stevekt

Dec 10, 2003
    I bought the DVD. It makes a great addition to my knife movie collection. Never heard of the movie prior to reading this thread.

13. Grappler1911

Grappler1911 Banned BANNED

May 20, 2003
  14. MONKEYAZZ

MONKEYAZZ

Sep 29, 2006
    Watched the movie last knight and today I bought a Ontario Raider Bowie. Will be taking it camping this weekend. I believe I was heavily influenced from this movie.:D

15. 1whitefoot

1whitefoot

Sep 24, 2005
    The only thing that bothered me was when he stuck that knife in the fire. :grumpy:

16. BRASMAN

BRASMAN

Mar 5, 2007
    Loved the first 3/4 of the movie. The knife was great but my favorite part was when he got the guy with the bear trap.

17. Gossman Knives

Gossman Knives Edged Toolmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 9, 2004
    That movie inspired me to make this. :D

[​IMG]

Scott

18. Troop

Troop

Oct 26, 2006
    Scott,
    She's a beaut. And, she has much better steel than a Muela.
    A2, right?

19. barny

barny

Jan 27, 2007
    I like that knife better than the one in the moive.

20. One oif the best movies I've seen in a very long time! I was truly impressed with the detail in the movie.

So many movies out there where a character gets shot, stabbed, burned,falls off buildings, etc. and never shows any sign of it. In this one you can see the wear and tear accumulating on the characters.

a good gritty survival story, with a unique twist at the end. I need to purchase it...