New Landi Snake Bull with Comparison Pics!

Just picked up a new Landi Snake bull and below are a few comparison pics with some other popular knives.

I also want to add that is was a pleasure to correspond via email with John, he is really a great guy to work with and was readily available to answer any of my questions. I really like the direction that John is heading in. The Snake bull is what he is call is mid-tech knives, it is kind of a mix of simple functional designs with a modern "tactical" look.

Below are some specs from the Landi website:
Measurements: OAL: 10-3/4". Blade: 5-1/2". Cutting edge: 4-1/2". Stock: 7/32".

Finishing: These 154CM knives are heat treated, cryogenically treated, triple tempered, and tested to guaranteed Rc of 59-60 by Peters of Meadville, PA.

Sheath: The Snake Bull comes with kydex sheath, please specify if you would like a pancake or fold over style sheath.

Other Details: Handles are milled black G10, held with 1/4 stand offs and screws.

Knife in sheath
IMG_0512.jpg

Snake Bull spoting some Duracoat from Will at Up Armored
IMG_0513.jpg

Custom Landi MPX, Snake Bull, Busse Boss Jack
IMG_0516.jpg

Snake Bull next to 2010 Recon 1
IMG_0518.jpg

Recon 1 on top of the Snake Bull. Notice the slim profile of the blade
IMG_0519.jpg

I like the way the sheath is contoured to match the handle. Some aesthetic jimping on the spine.
IMG_0520.jpg

Snake Bull dwarfed by the HOGFSH
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Pic in hand
IMG_0530.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. But, you might want to put in some Wilderness pics. Knives alone won't remain here :eek:

Thanks for the many photos and comparison. I've been interested in this knife and it's good to see it side by side with others. Thanks again.

I also want to add that is was a pleasure to correspond via email with John, he is really a great guy to work with and was readily available to answer any of my questions.

big +1 on that. he seems like a really nice guy who makes nice stuff. no "pulling teeth" required to get an answer. i'm looking forward to getting my blades from him.

I really like the direction that John is heading in. The Snake bull is what he is call is mid-tech knives, it is kind of a mix of simple functional designs with a modern "tactical" look.

i'm still unsure just what the term "Mid-Tech" is supposed to mean, but i do like the Landi designs. his prices are very reasonable.

and the price point is........................?

Prices are not listed on John's web page.

John is a true gentleman!! Mine should be heading to Africa in the near future!!

Great looking tool by a great man!!

Cannot wait :D

Regards from Africa

Aubrey

i'm still unsure just what the term "Mid-Tech" is supposed to mean, but i do like the Landi designs. his prices are very reasonable.

As I understand now Mid-Tech means semi custom/semi production.

Prices are not listed on John's web page
Price is in the $200's I would contact John to verify.

John is a true gentleman!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

You won't be disappointed Aubrey

Last edited:
Rats.
Guess I'll just get a Snakebull to see for myself...
Go Landi! Keep up the good work!

Good gawly, thats a Landi! Man it is an utter treat to see how far makers come on the forums, look at that micarta work. WOW!

:thumbup::thumbup:

You won't be disappointed Aubrey

:D Got a mail from John to say mine is heading out to Africa on Monday past .......such excellent feedback and ongoing communication blows me away so I ordered another one ...... :cool:

Nice looking knife, thanks for the pics.

In a nut shell Mid-tech is a term used when a maker makes a design and then wants to produce it uniformly on a relatively large scale. So takes that design and has a DFX and jigs made and farms out part of the work as in CNC water jetting/laser cutting out the blank and then milling & machining on the profile and primary grind, some even have the handle scales done CNC. Then after heat treat assembles, finishes the final grind, and takes care of fit and finish himself.

Back