New Leatherman KNIVES

You always keep us informed of new equipment, Just wanted to say I love Equipped.org, Great Site!

I like the looks of those knives! Thanks for posting the link, Critter! Your site is on my list of web sites that I'd like to archive for reference!

GeoThorn

these are like swiss army knives for men!!!

coolness~

LaBella said:

coolness~

Easy there big fella. There are those 'round these parts that wouldn't take kindly to that sort of talk. SAK's RULE! :D

those are awesome ! i want the k502x! i like how they look more that SAKs too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

looks like Leatherman is finally competing at the SAK market. However, the Leatherman knives lack tweezer and toothpick, both of which I find quite useful in a SAK. The locking and better knives should give SAKs a headache though

Charlie Fox said:
Easy there big fella. There are those 'round these parts that wouldn't take kindly to that sort of talk. SAK's RULE! :D

I could tell you I am 5' 6"...

would that count?

ha ha!

Leatherman Tool fan= me!:thumbup:

LaBella said:

coolness~

Or maybe they just need to compensate for something :D

To be honest i dont think Victorinox has too much to worry about , the little red knife has a too big a following.

Dunc

Gadgetman7 said:
Do the bit drivers or the screwdrivers lock in place?

I hope so...but it doesn't seem likely, since it's not mentioned in the specifications PDF-file. I guess they would have mentioned such an important feature... :confused:

Claus

Well, that's interesting news. Great to see some more choices in this category. Couple of thoughts come to mind looking at them:

1. Liner locks on the small models. Have to see how reliable they are. I much prefer lockbacks, so would be most interested in those models.

2. Handle ergonomics. When the knife is closed on the large models, the spine protrudes up pretty far out of the handle. This could be uncomfortable when using the tools. On a multi-blade knife, I like the closed blades to fit as flush as possible with the handle.

3. Would like to see a saw available. If the model k502x was available with a saw, I would likely buy one.

4. From the brochure, the carabiner appears to close like the other tools, when carrying in the pocket.

I have a Victorionx One Handed Trekker and it is not going to be easy for Leatherman to beat it. Still, with Leatherman's entry to the race, Victorinox may finally start upgrading their steel and have more models with one handed opening.

Back