New Lion Steel SR1 IN ALUMINUM!

Sr-1 Aluminium will be available at the early February.
It will have the same design and construction of the SR-1 Titanium.
The first samples of them were done last year, we have tested them for one year.
The shell is made from a single piece of Ergal. It will be available in two different colours, Black and Green.
The Aluminium toolbar has been renforced with a hardened steel insert.
The blade is made of D2. It will be available in satin finished or Chemical Black, MilSpec.

These are the four version:
SR-1A BS Black Alum. satin finished Euro 170.00
SR-1A GS Green Alum. satin finished Euro 170.00
SR-1A BB Black Alum. MilSpec finished Euro 180.00
SR-1A GB Green Alum. MilSpec finished Euro 180.00

Will there be a pre-order for these guys like the original SR1?

Will there be a pre-order for these guys like the original SR1?

No pre-order for these knives.
In any case you can be informed when the knives will be ready from these pages or by:

BladeHQ
KnifeArt

Gianni,

is there possibility to buy aluminium SR1 from lionsteel web page as was Ti one?
It will be much easier for buyers within Europe.

Gianni,

is there possibility to buy aluminium SR1 from lionsteel web page as was Ti one?
It will be much easier for buyers within Europe.

Yes it is.
As soon as the knife is ready to be delivered I will open its own web page like the SR-1 Titanium.

Cool blades.

Just as a side note. I've driven numerous Ferrari cars and some corvettes. The old Ferrari are way fancier and have a better design than the old school Vettes. The newer Ferrari I drove were by far better than any Vette in the market. They look better (though beauty is in the eyes of the beholder), sound better and feel better. MUCH better.

Wow, you just managed to insult an entire country in one sentence.

The Italians have brought us some of the finest super cars in the world, Ferrari, Lamborghini & Maserati. Now that is great engineering. And that just touches on the recent stuff. Looking into the past, you will find many more.

There are some great reviews on the SR-1. You should really check them out before voicing something so idiotic here.

Did they mention a price? Can't say I trust Italian engineering...

Last edited:
Wow, you just managed to insult an entire coutry in one sentence.

The Italians have brought us some of the finest super cars in the world, Ferrari, Lamborghini & Maserati. Now that is great engineering. And that just touches on the recent stuff. Looking into the past, you will find many more.
There are some great reviews on the SR-1. You should really check them out before voicing something so idiotic here.

Also ravioli! yummmm :)

Hi folks -

This one looks very appealing.

I liked the SR-1, but when the "ambitious" thread was going, I was wary of purchasing since I did not know about Lionsteel.

Now I am sorry I did not get in on the initial order for that knife.

I will watch for the new version.

Thanks Gianni!

best regards -

mqqn

Will it be a limited run, if so, how many appr.
How many were made for the first run in plain titanium?

I have the SR-1 titanium. I think it is the best folder on the market specially for the price. Where can you get a knife with a one piece handle and what it has??I can only think of another titaniumfolder with a one-piece handle for over a$1000.00 and it does not have the features the SR-1 hasd. Now for a 3" version !!

I any event, I'm hoping this will be light enough for me to EDC, i usually wear a suit, so I carry in the pocket, love the SR-1

Did they mention a price? Can't say I trust Italian engineering...

Search around here for reviews before jumping to that conclusion.

Many users I trust, who have and use 1000 custom folders also jumped all over these, and absolutely love them to pieces.

I have heard many comment that they rival or exceed custom folders at more than double the cost.

For a sub 400 folder, these are awesome!

The addition of the roto block, and the replaceable locking interface on the frame lock are absolute genius, and make the knife really something special (add to that the mono block titanium handle and you have a real winner!)

Wait, is that to say it has an Aluminum framelock? Is that even feasible? Surely the framelock side is made of something different.

Aluminum does not handle cyclical fatigue well. It will probably break over time. i have never seen an aluminum frame or liner lock before.

Aluminum does not handle cyclical fatigue well. It will probably break over time. i have never seen an aluminum frame or liner lock before.

We have tasted some samples with aluminum shell for one year. No problems.

Microtech has done o couple of frame lock with Titanium.

We have tasted some samples with aluminum shell for one year. No problems.

Maybe higher grade aluminum alloys holds up better. i think everyone knows alloys can change the properties of metal significantly. It may not be an issue because the deflection to disengage a lockbar is minimal. i was taught, as a general rule, not to utilize aluminum for springs or anytime the material will see deflection. Aircraft grade Aluminum may hold up better...

Microtech has done o couple of frame lock with Titanium.

generally, Ferric and Titanium alloys handle cyclical fatigue well.

Back