"New" magazine.... "Survivalist"

Looks a bit more like the 1980-2002 "survival" magazines (instead of "Self Reliance"), but I just purchased all available magazines they've made. Issue 5 just came out.

http://survivalist.com/

Last edited:
Go look what they sell in their online store; mostly crap. So I figure their advice is about as valuable....

Go look what they sell in their online store; mostly crap. So I figure their advice is about as valuable....

Bahahaaa oh man they're selling a pez dispenser and when you click on the link it takes you to an eBay pez dispenser seller lmao!!!!

Kirk D. when you get the mags please let us know what you think of them.

Thanks,

Bryan

I got two of the magazines today. "Self Reliance" writes mostly toward camping/survival/Bushcraft. This new magazine leans toward "Doomsday" prepping/survival. I've looked at the most recently magazine, which has a far sized interview about James Wesley, Rawles, Surviving an EMP, CDC Flu propaganda, Surviving Martial Law, Collapse Communications, Survival Gold and Silver, Practical Suture Lab, 10 Essentials Oils for your Medical Kit, Frugal Fire Lighting, and a few more. Much different between "Self Reliance" and "Survivalist", but both have some use for me.

Those who don't care about TEOTWAWKI probably shouldn't buy the "Survivalist".

Some of the downloads are pretty good material. I can't say I was impressed with the store, IMHO it catered to Rambo wannabes. It does seem to be geared for TEOTWAKI as opposed to preparedness and bushcraft. Will order the back issues and see. Overall with the exception of the store it seems like there is some useful information, you may have to sort through some stuff. Just my .02 worth.

TEOTWAWKI occured on 9/11 2011 as far as I am concerned but stuff like this is always interesting to read for me.

As for the crap in the store, perhaps that will change if and when the rag gains acceptance and popularity?

what the hell is this ??? ordinary people pretending commonsense stuff is actually survival related ? where is the bit about drinking your own urine and being parachuted into exotic locations ??

actuually I looked at a few articles , they seem to make sense , I didnt study them indepth tho , took me a while to find the shop ... yeah its afair whack of cheap stuff

tho I dont like their flavor of gear , some of the kits I have stashed in various cars are definitely cheap ... 2 dollar shops are awesome for stuff that will get you by untill ...

I like to see ordinary people tho , presenting common sense ideas for a change .doomsday prepping seems to be a new fad .. whatever happened to having stuff put aside " in case" ??

Back