new Marinas book..

I've heard from Mr. Amante P. Marinas Sr that his new book "Pananandata: Its History and Techniques" will be available through Paladin Press very soon. Fans will be pleased to hear that there will indeed be a highly sought-after rope section in this book as well.

I believe it is already in print (he had not yet received his copies yet) so if you're really looking forward to it, you might want to call Paladin and get it before the new catalog is out.

I myself am giddy in anticipation.

It isn't on Paladin's website, nor have I seen any ads for it, but it sounds interesting...

http://www.paladinpress.com/newbooks.html

PANANANDATA
History and Techniques of the Daga, Yantok, Balisong, and Other Traditional Weapons of the Philippines

by Amante Marinas Sr.

Not since Dan Inosanto's out-of-print classic The Filipino Martial Arts has one book encompassed so many different aspects of the arts of the Philippines. Filipino martial artist Amante Marinas Sr. brings the seldom-seen origins and techniques of a dozen weapons of the Philippine Islands together in one place in Pananandata: History and Techniques of the Daga, Yantok, Balisong, and Other Traditional Weapons of the Philippines. Marinas uses clear instruction and step-by-step photos to teach readers the fighting techniques of such weapons as the dikin (ring), hawakan (Philippine tonfa), latiko (whip), blowgun and tabak toyok (nunchaku), tracing them from their origins as tools in rural farmlands and demonstrating their deadly effectiveness today. 8 1/2 x 11, softcover, photos, 160 pp.
ISBN 1-58160-287-1
#PAN
$25.00

I love that article.. That original rope fighting book needs to be brought back into print.

I ordered this through my local B&N and they sent the sword & dagger book instead, which I already had. I should get it next week.

Ordering this over the counter at B&N was like a sitcom;

"PAN-NAN-NAN-DATA"

"PAN-NAN-DATA?"

"no... PAN-NAN-NAN-DATA"

"PAN-NAN-DATA?"

"no... PAN-NAN-NAN-DATA"

"PAN-NAN-NAN-DATA?"

"yes"

"PAN-NAN--DATA-PANTAWK-WHY-DAGGER?"

"no .... the other one"

"history and techniques?"

"yes"